Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

asus utility says that the network is disconnected

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 9:04:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

follow up to microsoft.public.win2000.networking

"Wireless Settings Utility
=========================

No device was found because the network was disconnected.
Please connect the network, then try again.

ok."

is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
the cd, or from the download.

I downloaded the utility from
<http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?Mode...;
for the

<http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-...;

I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.

Can the utility be made to work, somehow?


thanks,

Thufir
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 10:13:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

You might try asking here.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<hawat.thufir@gmail.com> wrote:
| follow up to microsoft.public.win2000.networking
|
| "Wireless Settings Utility
| =========================
|
| No device was found because the network was disconnected.
| Please connect the network, then try again.
|
| ok."
|
| is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
| the cd, or from the download.
|
| I downloaded the utility from
|
<http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?Mode...;
| for the
|
| <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-...;
|
| I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
| Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
| Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.
|
| Can the utility be made to work, somehow?
|
|
| thanks,
|
| Thufir
|
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 10:30:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

Dave Patrick wrote:
> You might try asking here.
>
> http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.



ok, I did that.


-Thufir
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 3:02:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:
> Dave Patrick wrote:
> > You might try asking here.
> >
> > http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
>
>
>
> ok, I did that.
>
>
> -Thufir


heh, hit the reset button and got the wl-33g working on a different
computer running windows 2000 :) 

so, I at least know that the wl-330g works under windows 2000. as of a
few minutes ago it wasn't working on the dual boot system, though :( 

I'll double check that a bit later, can't deal with it at the moment.


thanks,

Thufir
Related resources
!