asus utility says that the network is disconnected

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

follow up to microsoft.public.win2000.networking

"Wireless Settings Utility
=========================

No device was found because the network was disconnected.
Please connect the network, then try again.

ok."

is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
the cd, or from the download.

I downloaded the utility from
<http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
for the

<http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>

I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.

Can the utility be made to work, somehow?

thanks,

Thufir
3 answers Last reply
More about asus utility network disconnected
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

    You might try asking here.

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> wrote:
    | follow up to microsoft.public.win2000.networking
    |
    | "Wireless Settings Utility
    | =========================
    |
    | No device was found because the network was disconnected.
    | Please connect the network, then try again.
    |
    | ok."
    |
    | is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
    | the cd, or from the download.
    |
    | I downloaded the utility from

    <http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
    | for the
    |
    | <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>
    |
    | I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
    | Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
    | Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.
    |
    | Can the utility be made to work, somehow?
    |

    | thanks,
    |
    | Thufir

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > You might try asking here.
    >
    > http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    ok, I did that.

    -Thufir
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

    hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dave Patrick wrote:
    > > You might try asking here.
    > >
    > > http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    >

    > ok, I did that.
    >

    > -Thufir

    heh, hit the reset button and got the wl-33g working on a different
    computer running windows 2000 :)

    so, I at least know that the wl-330g works under windows 2000. as of a
    few minutes ago it wasn't working on the dual boot system, though :(

    I'll double check that a bit later, can't deal with it at the moment.

    thanks,

    Thufir

Connection Microsoft Windows