.Net Framework installation error

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 14, 2005 3:41:04 AM

Receive "Error 1327. Invalid Y: drive", when trying to install >net Framework
1.1 onto Windows 200- server running terminal services. Any ideas?
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 7:35:47 AM

"" wrote:
> Receive "Error 1327. Invalid Y: drive", when trying to install
> >net Framework
> 1.1 onto Windows 200- server running terminal services. Any
> ideas?

You have a setting in the registry that is telling the windows
installer to install to the "Y" drive.

Go to Start\Run\Regedit and backup the registry. Search for "Net
Framework" and you will eventually find the setting calling for the Y
drive install. Right click and Modify on the line with the setting and
edit it to read the C drive and close and reboot and try again.

This worked for me recently on a failed install of QuickTime when
windows installer tried repeatedly to install to a shared network
drive.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Net-Fra...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760798
!