Sign in with
Your question

Slow website response

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 31, 2006 7:23:49 PM

I bought a 7600gt hoping it would speed up my video response from some webpages.
Mostly this one.
www.takingbacksunday.com
It has a lot of flash on the page after you enter the site and it makes the video response very slow.
Is this normal?

My specs are
E6300
Intel 965wh
2 gig Corsair ram
400 watt Zalman
EVGA 7600gt

More about : slow website response

December 31, 2006 8:14:28 PM

I don't see how the videocard would be at fault as long as it wasn't from 7 years ago. Could be IE, your internet connection, or Flash itself. I use Opera which is similar to FireFox. Both are easier and 300% less buggy than Internet Explorer.

Congrats on the 7600GT anyhow. Get some games and have some fun now. :D 
December 31, 2006 8:21:26 PM

Yeah, last time I checked flash wasn't hardware accelerated, it did everything on the CPU.
Related resources
December 31, 2006 8:21:50 PM

I was thinking IE or Flash
It does the same thing at work cause I tried it
We have a 7300LE there
Not much, but it's a webpage ya know.
December 31, 2006 8:23:13 PM

so basically there is no remedy to this besides a faster cpu?
I would think mine is plenty fast enough for flash.
I know that the cpu usage is around fifty if i leave it all visable, but i got very similar results on my sempron 2800+ laptop
December 31, 2006 8:51:40 PM

I think that you are seeing a problem with your internet connection. I just loaded the page on my main computer (E6600 running at stock speed) in FireFox. It loaded almost instantly. To check if it was just this computer, I loaded the page on my old Dell P4 @ 1.3 Ghz. I loaded it in both Firefox and IE7. They both loaded nearly as fast as the main box. I have very low level graphics cards in both boxes, as I use them for audio work. I am on cable broadband.

What is your internet connection?
December 31, 2006 8:53:21 PM

It's not the internet.
Everywhere i've checked it has high speed.
And i'm saying if the page is done loading.
It takes about a second or so to load.
But like scrolling after the page is 100% loaded it's jumpy still until you get past the flash animations.
I will try FireFox I guess.
December 31, 2006 9:05:09 PM

I sounds like spyware or a virus or something that slowing your systems down. What do you have running one the computer for programs?

I have high speed and it loads in a second or two and none of the graphics are slow. This is on a V4310NR with 1GB of memory on a wireless network. Plus I do have the none of the junk software installed.
December 31, 2006 9:05:37 PM

How much system memory do you have?
December 31, 2006 9:06:19 PM

Two gigs.
and not much running besides normal stuff.
Legit XP Pro
December 31, 2006 9:07:56 PM

My system is clean.
I know about checking that stuff.
I've never had a virus.
I'm a technician so I know what i'm doing.
Just didnt know if ya'll knew any problems with Flash, or compatibility issues.
December 31, 2006 9:17:49 PM

Do you have IE7? I tried it on my other computer with IE7, and there is a jumping in the graphics once in a while.
December 31, 2006 9:32:14 PM

On the old Dell I used to see problems once in a while. I would load a bunch of pages in tabs and get low on memory (I only had 384 Mb and it was Rambus, so not worth upgrading). I think that most of that problem was due to paging.
December 31, 2006 9:35:11 PM

It's probably Flash or IE. Try FireFox. It's not as usless as IE. IE is a system drain.
December 31, 2006 10:16:21 PM

I just checked and your not alone! pretty trippy that is on that site. I'm still on socket 478 and I got the same thing. I also used IE7 to check.
December 31, 2006 10:43:29 PM

I'm on IE6 Cause I hate 7.
And the new Media Player too.
Seems like all the options are gone.
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2006 11:07:18 PM

Quote:
I bought a 7600gt hoping it would speed up my video response from some webpages.
Mostly this one.
www.takingbacksunday.com
It has a lot of flash on the page after you enter the site and it makes the video response very slow.
Is this normal?

My specs are
E6300
Intel 965wh
2 gig Corsair ram
400 watt Zalman
EVGA 7600gt

its your internet conection.

and/or

the site you are visiting.

and how much traffic they have.
December 31, 2006 11:21:03 PM

What he's getting is when you move down the page and see the frame being created streaming downward in a choppy wave-like motion - as you were browsing with the windows vga drivers it comes with. As long as everything is installed, it's Flash, IE, or you have 20 prog's in the background eating on your CPU and ram. Remembering that your videoram memory bus is 128bit may not help with heaps of intensive applications in the background.
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2006 11:25:32 PM

Quote:
What he's getting is when you move down the page and see the frame being created streaming downward in a choppy wave-like motion - as windows was running on the vga drivers it comes with. As long as everything is installed, it's Flash, IE, or you have 20 prog's in the background eating on your CPU.

oh ok. well it may be so then.

i was thinking that he was having problems with just that site.
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2006 11:26:16 PM

i was thinking maybe that site,s server has a problem.
December 31, 2006 11:37:22 PM

The site comes in fine on my comp. Try different browsers & check for spyware or something else taking up cpu & internet bandwidth.

Jo
December 31, 2006 11:47:27 PM

just went to the site with both IE6 and Firefox. Firefox loaded everything instantly, IE6 hung up for a good 3-4 seconds then slowly started to load. Might be the browser you're using.
December 31, 2006 11:53:29 PM

I used IE7 so maybe there is an issue with IE6 if Grifter33 experienced it. Try Opera too; I didn't really like Firefox as my linux + windows alternate but Opera is pretty easy to use and nice to look at.

Jo
January 1, 2007 12:13:56 AM

My dad still has IE6. He is having the same problem with other web sites. I am wondering if the M$ updates is trying to kill IE6 so they have people have to upgrade IE7.
January 1, 2007 12:25:54 AM

It might be something to do with the servers between him and the site. It may be that the local ISP is having problems with the connection to that part of the country and the connection is slow to that server.

Not likely, but its a thought...
January 1, 2007 12:30:29 AM

Well I'm married with kids and NO prospects to go out and celebrate tha new years eve thang so I'm just gonna reinstall tha damn XP pro and see if that will clear ALL my glitches I'm havin overall. Besides it's time I do already! :( 
January 1, 2007 12:30:30 AM

It can't have anything to do with internet since the page is done loading before you scroll.
It's not a huge page, so it loads in no time.
Like Blacken wrote when I scroll the screen acts just as if drivers are not loaded.
Which I know drivers are not the problem.
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2007 12:37:59 AM

Quote:
Well I'm married with kids and NO prospects to go out and celebrate tha new years eve thang so I'm just gonna reinstall tha damn XP pro and see if that will clear ALL my glitches I'm havin overall. Besides it's time I do already! :( 

staying home on newyears and fighting with your computer
is safer than giong out and celebrating :lol: 

as the next moring you will still have a headache from the fcuking
computer problems that you still have :lol: 

but you wont be in jail :lol: 
January 1, 2007 12:42:18 AM

I'm by far the computer nerd of the house.
It's not even a huge problem
And i'm having a party here,
Yet I have to go up here and check every so often to see what's been said.
January 1, 2007 12:42:44 AM

January 1, 2007 12:42:44 AM

Get firefox and get the flashblock plugin. Then you can just load the flash things that you want to look at, and this may solve your problem. The problem here seems directly related to your browser's flash plugin.

@advcomp2019:
Of course they are trying to kill IE6. Its the old version, and IE7 is a free upgrade. They only want to support one program. The same mentality is why they have stopped supporting win 3.1, 95, and 98. IE7, whether you like the interface or not is greatly superior to IE6, especially from a security standpoint, even though its not as great as many of the others out there.

This problem seems to be stemming from Adobe's IE flash plugin. Look for an update from them to see if there is an update to solve this specific problem.
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2007 12:49:42 AM

Quote:

just drink some more and after you dont post for a while
then we will start to laugh and talk $hit about you :lol: 

happy new year dude.
January 1, 2007 12:50:00 AM

Just tried the new FireFox2 and it's rather smooth.
Especially compared to IE6.
January 1, 2007 12:53:53 AM

Another thing I noticed is that while FF takes two more megs of ram when I load it, and the cpu usage is the same on the page, it seems to run so much faster.
I guess I never wanted to switch cause my pc is still killer fast.
But now I see a difference.
January 1, 2007 12:54:44 AM

Another convert to the ways of Open Source!!
January 1, 2007 12:55:18 AM

Quote:
Just tried the new FireFox2 and it's rather smooth.
Especially compared to IE6.

I was just going to say I tried IE7 and scrolling with the wheel was choppy but with Firefox it was smooth as silk. F.. IE7, I only use it for manual updates.
January 1, 2007 1:25:27 AM

The only reason my dad still has IE6 because he does not like IE7. He does not like Firefox, but he never gave me a real reason.
January 1, 2007 1:31:32 AM

Well, thats definitely his own choice, but eventually he'll have to upgrade, as windows update won't support it, and he'll just have to get used to the advancement of technology. Oh well, that's the price of using computers these days. He'll realize that when you don't use the latest versions of the software you use, you miss out on a lot of things that make the experience better.

That's why they release new versions of software!
January 1, 2007 1:44:51 AM

Quote:
Another thing I noticed is that while FF takes two more megs of ram when I load it, and the cpu usage is the same on the page, it seems to run so much faster.
I guess I never wanted to switch cause my pc is still killer fast.
But now I see a difference.

Thats good. IE7 is bogged by references and C++ library issues and has been through most of it's versions. Open source really is the way to go - they have no underlying preferences :? Opera has never let me down.
January 1, 2007 2:04:25 AM

That is what I tell him. He is like, once he knows how to run an app, he will not upgrade or change it. He gets lost in any new versions unless the app has the same menus or looks.

I am different. I can handle change, and I like change. It makes the software better, but for some change, it can break the software sometimes.
January 1, 2007 2:10:47 AM

Sounds like my 55 year old unc. Still plays CSS on a 9600xt. I've offered him a BFG 7300GS for free and he won't take it. Not much of a fps booster, but still.
Old and stuck in his ways. :lol: 
January 1, 2007 2:11:38 AM

If you are going into any line of work that has to deal with the end user, you better get used to it. Most people, especially older ones will feel the same way, and they don't want some young punk telling them what to do. It's better to let them do it their way and find out for themselves that they need the change.
January 1, 2007 2:30:06 AM

I am used to it. I have a hard drive with old versions of software that I keep for my dad. Most of the software is software that you had to pay for from online. He does like hardware upgrades, but he goes with the cheapest way.
!