Remote Desktop for windows 2000...

ross

Hello EVeryone,

Is it possible to connect from one W2k computer to another W2k computer
using Remote Desktop, via the remote desktop install from microsoft. Also is
there any white paper explaining or stating this?

Thanks,
Ross

Turn on "Remote Assistance" and "Remote Desktop" from the System Control
Panel>Remote tab...

"Ross" <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello EVeryone,
>
> Is it possible to connect from one W2k computer to another W2k
> computer
> using Remote Desktop, via the remote desktop install from microsoft. Also
> is
> there any white paper explaining or stating this?
>

> Thanks,
> Ross

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

you would have to use remote desktop through Netmeeting or VNC.

--
aaron
A+,NET+,MCSE 2K/2K3,CNA,CCNA
"j9" <j9@1aprop.com> wrote in message
> Turn on "Remote Assistance" and "Remote Desktop" from the System Control
> Panel>Remote tab...
>

> "Ross" <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello EVeryone,
>>
>> Is it possible to connect from one W2k computer to another W2k
>> computer
>> using Remote Desktop, via the remote desktop install from microsoft.
>> Also is
>> there any white paper explaining or stating this?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Ross

"Ross" <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello EVeryone,
>
> Is it possible to connect from one W2k computer to another W2k
computer
> using Remote Desktop, via the remote desktop install from microsoft. Also
is
> there any white paper explaining or stating this?
>

> Thanks,
> Ross

No, this is not possible - you need a WinXP Professional PC
or a Windows Server to act as an RDP host. You would have
to use some other products such as WinVNC.

ross

So, how would I setup the XP box up? Just put it on the network where the
others are?

Ross

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "Ross" <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello EVeryone,
> >
> > Is it possible to connect from one W2k computer to another W2k
> computer
> > using Remote Desktop, via the remote desktop install from microsoft. Also
> is
> > there any white paper explaining or stating this?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Ross
> >

> No, this is not possible - you need a WinXP Professional PC
> or a Windows Server to act as an RDP host. You would have
> to use some other products such as WinVNC.

ross

So how would I setup the XP box? Just put it on the network where the others
are?

Ross

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "Ross" <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello EVeryone,
> >
> > Is it possible to connect from one W2k computer to another W2k
> computer
> > using Remote Desktop, via the remote desktop install from microsoft. Also
> is
> > there any white paper explaining or stating this?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Ross
> >

> No, this is not possible - you need a WinXP Professional PC
> or a Windows Server to act as an RDP host. You would have
> to use some other products such as WinVNC.

Oh, shoot... you're right. That capability is only on XP...