Antec Nine Hundred

GazMcfc

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
hey, im about to buy this case for my first build so id like to ask a few questions about it..hopefully you will be able to help :D

1) Will a GeForce 8800GTS be able to fit inside this case? as ive heard people have been having problems with the 8800GTX fittings, so i was just wondering if the 8800GTS will have the same affect.

2) I want to buy this PSU :- 580W HiperPower Type-R, but ive been told the P4 connector isnt long enough as the PSU compartment on this Case is at the bottom. Is this true? Could I just buy a longer p4 connector? or will it be fine?

thanks in advance, really appreciate it! :D

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
1) Will a GeForce 8800GTS be able to fit inside this case? as ive heard people have been having problems with the 8800GTX fittings, so i was just wondering if the 8800GTS will have the same affect

Yes it will fit easily as it is ~1.5 inches shorter than the GTX. The GTX can even fit in there if you remove the optional fan bracket.

Not sure about the P4 connector, maybe someone else can help you out with that.

GazMcfc

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
ive just ordered this case on amazon :) but there is a downside to it :( after placing the order, i read a bad review about this case...it seem that "Antec forgot to leave enough clearance around the video cards DVI outputs to actually allow you to connect your monitor to it." which is very worrying :cry: here's the link...Antec Nine Hundred Review. has anyone had problems with their Antec 900? is this true ^^? thanks for your time

krisz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
ive just ordered this case on amazon :) but there is a downside to it :( after placing the order, i read a bad review about this case...it seem that "Antec forgot to leave enough clearance around the video cards DVI outputs to actually allow you to connect your monitor to it." which is very worrying :cry: here's the link...Antec Nine Hundred Review. has anyone had problems with their Antec 900? is this true ^^? thanks for your time

C'mon that's bull crap. Antec nine hundred is a kick ass case. You will love it. Do not believe to every review that people submit. There are always going to be some numb nuts that are complaining. Some guy here said that he had to cut some holes into his mobo tray to be able to fit his mobo. Which is a bunch of crap as well.

Don't worry mate you got yourself a good case you will be happy with it.

As for the cabling i would get a modular PSU because i think those come with longer cables so you will not have trouble connecting anything.

I have an Enermax Liberty 620W PSU and i didn't have any problems with the cabling. I also have a BFG 8800 GTX video card and it fit in perfectly all i had to do is remove the optional fan bracket. This case looks awesome and it is very good for airflow, and it really quiet. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
That's just completely untrue. Unless your video card is somehow wider than 8 inches it will definitely fit. I don't think I even have to say it will also fit the longest video card at the moment.

Bl4d3

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
no antec made a revised edition of the 900 and the video jacks do indeed fit. i have the case, i should know. :wink:

HoundDog

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Is there a way to tell what version of the case it is before purchasing it (in person of course)? I am just wondering if any old version are still lingering.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
If you are buying it from an e-tailer such as newegg you will not get the old version.

If you are buying from a store such as Fry's I'm 99% sure you will get the new version (unless they have some really old stock :eek: ).

If you are buying from a bidder such as eBay you might want to do some research on it or there might not be anyway to tell.

I never liked eBay it just seems like an online garage sale to me :? .

Latest posts