Window 2000 keep rebooting.Please help

Hi Everyone:

I have win200 prof and every thing was working fine.Yesterday i did
windows update and after that i found my system slow and i decide to
remove updates.I start removing one by one and system was rebooting
after i remove each uodate.After that i used the task manager to kill
the reboot process and did not let the system to reboot and i remove
all the update without reboot.

When i am done with update remobal and try to reboot the system,it is
keep rebooting.It try to start the window but again reboot.It does not
get to the login screen.

I hit f8 and try all option like (safe mode,last known good
configration etc but no luck)

Can anyone please tell me what to do?

Any help is much appriciated.

Please note i even did not get login screen.It start rebooting before
that.I try to repair but no luck.

Thanks,

Pargat
1 answer Last reply
More about window 2000 rebooting please help

    I don't know how much good this will do, but from a parallel install, run
    regedt32.exe, then from the Local Machine Hive, choose Registry|Load Hive,
    then navigate to the
    %windir%\system32\config
    directory on the other install, and find the system file, then Open, in the
    Key Name box give it some temp name, then under tempname, navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Select
    and look in the Reg_Dword value of "Current", this is the current
    controlset, then navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet00x\Control\CrashControl
    Where x = the value of "Current" (found above) and set the values as follows

    "AutoReboot"=dword:00000000
    "CrashDumpEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "LogEvent"=dword:00000001
    "Overwrite"=dword:00000001
    Then navigate back up to "tempname" and choose Unload Hive, and boot your
    original install, Autoreboot is now turned off so you should be able to read
    the stop error.

    Bug Check Codes
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCIntro_f55acfed-3296-4e84-8885-c3162fd0ddbf.xml.asp

    If nothing else you can at least recover your data from the parallel install
    prior to rebuilding the operating system.

    This article may also help you.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;266465

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    <pargat_g@yahoo.com> wrote:
    | Hi Everyone:
    |

    | I have win200 prof and every thing was working fine.Yesterday i did
    | windows update and after that i found my system slow and i decide to
    | remove updates.I start removing one by one and system was rebooting
    | after i remove each uodate.After that i used the task manager to kill
    | the reboot process and did not let the system to reboot and i remove
    | all the update without reboot.
    |

    | When i am done with update remobal and try to reboot the system,it is
    | keep rebooting.It try to start the window but again reboot.It does not
    | get to the login screen.
    |

    | I hit f8 and try all option like (safe mode,last known good
    | configration etc but no luck)
    |

    | Can anyone please tell me what to do?
    |

    | Any help is much appriciated.
    |
    | Please note i even did not get login screen.It start rebooting before
    | that.I try to repair but no luck.
    |

    | Thanks,
    |

    | Pargat

Windows Update Windows