Philips 680K & 690K CD?

Where in the states can i purchase a cd to work with windows xp for my
philips 680K & 690K webcams?

Thank You

Ken,
I appreciate your suggestion but i already emailed the philips support site
twice with the same question &
never received a response.
"Ken" <_ken_3_@telia.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:48:08 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Where in the states can i purchase a cd to work with windows xp
>> for my philips 680K & 690K webcams?
>
> http://www.philips.com/support

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:47:35 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net> wrote:

> Ken,
> I appreciate your suggestion but i already emailed the philips support site
> twice with the same question &
> never received a response.
> "Ken" <_ken_3_@telia.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:48:08 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
>>> Where in the states can i purchase a cd to work with windows xp
>>> for my philips 680K & 690K webcams?
>>
>> http://www.philips.com/support

You can find the drivers there. I did.
email is not the way.

I need the software as well as the drivers. The philips webcam icon does
not appear in my system tray after downloading the drivers. I have no
control of the webcam settings without that icon.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:42:09 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I need the software as well as the drivers. The philips webcam icon does
>not appear in my system tray after downloading the drivers. I have no
>control of the webcam settings without that icon.

Sometimes you can buy a CD with the extra "software" on it, but
sometimes you can't due to the contract the cam people have with
the software developers. A lot of the software can only be
packaged with a new cam and can't be distributed by itself per
the contracts. You may want to look for third party applications
to do what you need done. Always pays to keep the CDs in a safe
place.

Si,
My webcams work from downloaded drivers from the phillips site, but there
are particular aspects of the webcams that need the software for full
efficiency. An interesting observation is, my philips webcams appear to have
better resolution than my 3com home connect webcam.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:24:00 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Si,
>My webcams work from downloaded drivers from the phillips site, but there
>are particular aspects of the webcams that need the software for full
>efficiency. An interesting observation is, my philips webcams appear to have
>better resolution than my 3com home connect webcam.

I've got several older analog Philips cams and they all have CCD
sensors. A while back Philips released a cam in europe called
something like the Tucam that reportedly had very good resolution
and low light capability. Don't think it was ever released in the
states. I've got a couple of Intel 430 pro usb cams that have
good resolution and low light operation. the logitech pro seems
to be the best usb cam generally available now, besides the 3com
which is still available as the watchport for a price from
ionetworks (below). Cams with Sony chips are good, but don't know
of any usb types.

http://www.ionetworks.com/products/environmentalmonitoring/watchportv.jsp

Interesting,
I also have an Intel 430 Pro & i feel that my philips webcams have better
resolution. I have never tried
any of the Logitech Pro series webcams. but have
read that the Pro 4000 has the same sony chip/sensor
as the philips 740 & 840K webcams. With all the
money i invested in webcams, i could have purchased
a decent analog video camera & card & probably
have a quality webcam setup.

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:46:46 GMT, shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net (Si
Ballenger) wrote:

> I've got several older analog Philips cams and they all have CCD
> sensors. A while back Philips released a cam in europe called
> something like the Tucam that reportedly had very good resolution
> and low light capability.

The old Philips ToUcam Pro have the CCD sensor.
The new SPC900NC would be a good camera.
http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/catalog.jsp?fhquery=fh_secondid%3Dspc900nc_00_gb_consumer%26fh_location%3D%2F%2Fconsumer%2Fen_GB%2Fcategories%3Ccatalog_gb_consumer%2Fcategories%3Cmonitors_pc_peripherals_gr_gb_consumer%2Fcategories%3Cpc_cameras_ca_gb_consumer%26&productId=SPC900NC_00_GB_CONSUMER&activeCategory=MONITORS_PC_PERIPHERALS_GR_GB_CONSUMER&fredhopperpage=detail.jsp&language=en&country=GB&catalogType=CONSUMER&proxybuster=DOC1NQY0VWJXHJ0RMRESHQVHKFSEKI5P

Unfortunately the new SPC900NC/00 is only available in the uk at this time.