Windows won't save any settings

Very strange issue.

Have a user here who's Windows 2000 lapto isn't saving any settings that
he's putting in.

We change the Exchange Server settings in Outlook and it goes back to what
it was before.
We set a new Default Printer and it reverts back to the previous one.
I add a registry entry in and it's gone.

All this happens every time we reboot. The user is an Admin user and
everything looks normal. Any ideas on what it might be doing or what I can
check?

Thanks.

Does the user account have a password?

"Mr B" <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Very strange issue.
>
> Have a user here who's Windows 2000 lapto isn't saving any settings that
> he's putting in.
>
> We change the Exchange Server settings in Outlook and it goes back to what
> it was before.
> We set a new Default Printer and it reverts back to the previous one.
> I add a registry entry in and it's gone.
>
> All this happens every time we reboot. The user is an Admin user and
> everything looks normal. Any ideas on what it might be doing or what I
can
> check?
>
> Thanks.

It's a work laptop so it's on the domain and has to be logged into by the
user each time it boots up...

"j9" wrote:

> Does the user account have a password?
>
> "Mr B" <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Very strange issue.
> >
> > Have a user here who's Windows 2000 lapto isn't saving any settings that
> > he's putting in.
> >
> > We change the Exchange Server settings in Outlook and it goes back to what
> > it was before.
> > We set a new Default Printer and it reverts back to the previous one.
> > I add a registry entry in and it's gone.
> >
> > All this happens every time we reboot. The user is an Admin user and
> > everything looks normal. Any ideas on what it might be doing or what I
> can
> > check?
> >
> > Thanks.

Try a new profile?

Mr B wrote:

> It's a work laptop so it's on the domain and has to be logged into by the
> user each time it boots up...
>
> "j9" wrote:
>

>>Does the user account have a password?
>>
>>"Mr B" <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Very strange issue.
>>>
>>>Have a user here who's Windows 2000 lapto isn't saving any settings that
>>>he's putting in.
>>>
>>>We change the Exchange Server settings in Outlook and it goes back to what
>>>it was before.
>>>We set a new Default Printer and it reverts back to the previous one.
>>>I add a registry entry in and it's gone.
>>>
>>>All this happens every time we reboot. The user is an Admin user and
>>>everything looks normal. Any ideas on what it might be doing or what I
>>
>>can
>>
>>>check?
>>>
>>>Thanks.

seems an issue of mandatory profile. In the profile folder look for
ntuser.man, if it is there rename it to ntuser.dat