Reboot server script file

I would like to create a script file that would reboot my win2k server over a
weekend. (I am thinking between 12 and 5 AM Monday morning) My reason is
that my company does processing all night during the week and when I
installed updates to the server, I can't reboot the system right away. The
server has Exchange 2000 running and I know I have to stop some services
before the reboot. I am also aware that if I use a script file to log in,
their is some security issues to deal with.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Frannk
2 answers Last reply
More about reboot server script file

    > Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

    How about going in on Saturday morning to reboot it? That way you have until
    Monday morning to mend it if something goes wrong, and if it all goes to
    plan you'll have peace of mind for the rest of the weekend.

    Andrew

    "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to create a script file that would reboot my win2k server
    over a
    > weekend. (I am thinking between 12 and 5 AM Monday morning) My reason is
    > that my company does processing all night during the week and when I
    > installed updates to the server, I can't reboot the system right away.
    The
    > server has Exchange 2000 running and I know I have to stop some services
    > before the reboot. I am also aware that if I use a script file to log in,
    > their is some security issues to deal with.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Frannk

    Use the Task Scheduler to invoke shutdown.exe. The command
    shutdown /? will tell you the various options.

Microsoft Servers Windows