news:Xns967681564F743dewey3kNOSPAMgmailco@130.133.1.4...
Date: 15 Jun 2005 16:42:57 GMT

My Wireless LAN has been acting funny lately. I have a very hard
time connecting to the router (Netgear WGR614, card is WG511, both
version 1) and my LAN tray indicator shows data transmitted to and
from in bytes now instead of packets like it used to. I have not
changed anything - except I updated the wireless card driver via
the windows update website. Could that be the culprit? Everything
seems fine even after that until yesterday. Granted the past few
days have been roasting hot here and my office is in the attic and
it was likely over 100 degrees up there. Could my router be fried?
It works perfectly well with my PDA (MA701 card, 802.11b - in
contrast to the WG511 which is 802.11g).

Any ideas?

Same problem here for the last 2 days. I have a 2Wire HomePortal 1000HG
and a US Robotics 5410 WiFi PC Card. I don't know what is going on,
sunspots perhaps? Once connected, it is solid as a rock though.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

"BillW50" <BillW50@aol.kom> wrote in news:#bo5rkdcFHA.2212
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

> "Dewey" <dewey3kNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Date: 15 Jun 2005 16:42:57 GMT
>
> My Wireless LAN has been acting funny lately. I have a very hard
> time connecting to the router (Netgear WGR614, card is WG511, both
> version 1) and my LAN tray indicator shows data transmitted to and
> from in bytes now instead of packets like it used to. I have not
> changed anything - except I updated the wireless card driver via
> the windows update website. Could that be the culprit? Everything
> seems fine even after that until yesterday. Granted the past few
> days have been roasting hot here and my office is in the attic and
> it was likely over 100 degrees up there. Could my router be fried?
> It works perfectly well with my PDA (MA701 card, 802.11b - in
> contrast to the WG511 which is 802.11g).
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Same problem here for the last 2 days. I have a 2Wire HomePortal 1000HG
> and a US Robotics 5410 WiFi PC Card. I don't know what is going on,
> sunspots perhaps? Once connected, it is solid as a rock though.

Well my problem is a little different. I can actually get connected and
surf a while but then I get the inevitable "Server Not Found" as if I've
lost my DNS server. No such problems seen on my work WLAN - but then
again I did install several MS critical updates yesterday - maybe those
are screwy.

Date: 15 Jun 2005 18:44:29 GMT

Well my problem is a little different. I can actually get connected
and surf a while but then I get the inevitable "Server Not Found"
as if I've lost my DNS server. No such problems seen on my work
WLAN - but then again I did install several MS critical updates
yesterday - maybe those are screwy.

Oh... yes that is different. I use to get a lot of that while using
dialup vs. broadband. In this case, everything was lost. As packets
would go out, but nothing would come back and find me. Hanging up and
reconnecting would solve it for minutes or hours and then it would
happen again.