Sign in with
Your question

Right, so where were those 650i sli boards?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • SLI
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
January 1, 2007 6:03:17 AM

:(  Before anyone accuses me of being an idiot (like that hasn't happened before)....yes I know the asus board is out. Where are Gigabyte, DFI and MSI? Its January now. Whats the delay? 8O

More about : 650i sli boards

January 16, 2007 6:42:06 AM

:D  Update: I see pictures finally of Gigabytes 650i sli board at anandtech CES coverage and it doesnt look too bad. I think I might favor this board over the MSI board I dug up details on, but MSI's northbridge heatsink looks like it might be better. (See my MSI P6N-Platinum post) Gigabyte and MSI have some nice 680i boards coming as well. Ive not seen any pics of the ABIT 650i sli or their upcoming 680i but ABITs boards are slated for mid February. Anandtech noted the 650i chipset was a little on the sensitive side. I wonder if the delay in board releases has had anything to do with that. Hopefully boardmakers will have their bioses highly polished and rearing to go. I think ASUS mightive jumped the gun a bit in that department, but theirs is the only retail board right now and without it the 650i sli board potential would be nothing but rumors. So cheers ASUS! :D 
Gigabyte 680i and 650i sli
http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2908...
MSI 650i and 680i pics in thread
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffo...
January 16, 2007 4:00:42 PM

abit's IN9 SLI
the IN9 32X-MAX 680i mobo is already on sale in Europe.

btw I've got the Asus P5N-E SLI - it shows a few signs of cost cutting & it needs a better BIOS. Rumours of a new revision coming though & it's v. cheap.
January 20, 2007 9:32:54 AM

That ABIT 650i sli board in the picture has the Silent-OTES cooling to boot :D  ! Now I saw something about all solid caps on it but the pic seems to show different :evil: 
January 22, 2007 8:32:23 AM

I bet its the same scenario as the MSI prerelease photos of the P6N SLI Platinum. They didn't show solid caps either.
Anyway... I googled "P6N SLI Platinum retail" and its available for order in Europe now!
:D  8) :D  8)
Lets get some out here in the USA MSI!!!!!! :tongue:
January 28, 2007 4:36:51 AM

Dabs is reporting the gigabyte 650i sli board will be available in 1-2 days. Hopefully the US release wont be too far behind :D 
February 9, 2007 5:14:54 AM

Now ABIT has joined the multiple 650i sli board bandwagon. They just released this board overseas
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37511
note the "FP" in the name which is absent from the board to be released here. Also note the silent OTES cooling is absent from this board. That MSI board is looking better and better.
February 9, 2007 6:47:03 AM

one version of the MSI 650i (the P6N SLI-FI) is in stock in the UK & it's cheap £66.
Looks like most of these boards are going to run £65-85 but the Gigabyte is listed at £115!

btw I suspect the reason that abit dropped the silent OTES cooling is that the northbridge runs very hot on these when overclocked & that they got better results going with separate but larger (& still passive) heatsinks.
February 11, 2007 8:53:47 AM

Quote:
Now ABIT has joined the multiple 650i sli board bandwagon. They just released this board overseas
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37511
note the "FP" in the name which is absent from the board to be released here. Also note the silent OTES cooling is absent from this board. That MSI board is looking better and better.

I really like the looks of that board but I wonder how it will perform. I'm considering both the Asus P5N32-E SLI plus and the Asus P5B deluxe. It'll all come down to performance/upgrade path though...
I don't know, this motherboard stuff has me a bit confused. Maybe i should just get a P5N-E SLI and slap a new NB HSF on it 8). Now THAT would be a good deal.
February 11, 2007 9:27:15 AM

The gigabyte one is the best of all of em wouldnt u guys agreed?? (i680)
February 11, 2007 10:32:26 PM

This coming from the guy who's name is GigabyteRules :roll:

Is the Gigabyte 680i board out yet or is it coming out soon? I wanna check that out...
February 12, 2007 4:07:07 AM

The MSI P6N SLI-FI is popping up on US store sites but isnt listed in stock
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=p6n+sli&hl=en&btnG=...
The board pictured on MSI's Taiwan site doesn't use all solid caps :?
Looks like around $125 for the FI and the Platinum price is still unknown. The platinum is pictured with all solid caps. If the platinum is priced too much more , the Gigabyte 650i SLI board will be on my shopping list. It will have all solid caps and will be priced in the $125 range.
:p  They're finally coming folks
February 12, 2007 6:19:08 AM

I'm gonna hold off on buying a board until more 650i's come out but the P5B Deluxe will be my backup plan :!:

All I'm looking for is great overclocking performance on a budget 8)

~$130 makes too much of a good price point to pass up :x
February 12, 2007 6:34:33 AM

You are right though that MSI board is looking better all the time. When I first saw it I didn't like the colors but going back and looking at the features and layout has revealed that it seems to fit my needs almost flawlessly.

1. It has Heat pipe cooling
2. it has 3 PCI slots
3. it has enough SATA hookups for future upgrades (and there will be many :p ).
4. It has solid caps (I think?)

I really hope the Platinum doesn't cost much more at all. Seeing as the 650i chipset seems to do just fine for overclocking (it seems to be right up there with 680i, performance-wise) it looks like this would be my best choice. Both the Gigabyte and MSI boards are really drawing my attention now. I think I'd go with Gigabyte as they might have a bit of a performance edge considering that their last board did so well (Gigabyte GA P965 DS3.
February 12, 2007 5:01:44 PM

P6N SLi Fi is in stock in the UK & is the cheapest so far @ £66
P6N SLI Platinum not yet in stock but apears to be ~£85

By comparison abit's FP-IN9 is also ~£85 & the Asus P5N-E is ~£75
February 13, 2007 2:45:03 AM

If that holds true for US prices the Platinum will cost roughly $40 more than the FI. MSI has an excellent layout but I think Gigabyte will get my money. :?
February 13, 2007 5:40:21 AM

Same :) 
February 13, 2007 10:47:10 PM

Quote:
If that holds true for US prices the Platinum will cost roughly $40 more than the FI. MSI has an excellent layout but I think Gigabyte will get my money. :?

The Gigabyte looks to be even dearer here than any of the others - 3 sites have it at ~£115 :eek: 
It looks like Gigabyte have pitched this at a totally different level than the others ...
February 14, 2007 2:59:11 AM

Are you sure thats not the 680i Gigabyte board? That makes no sense 8O
February 14, 2007 6:05:55 AM

It's a good thing I have a fallback plan :) 
February 16, 2007 3:14:22 AM

The P6N-SLI-FI is in stock now. The Egg and ZZF have it for 124.95. :)  Gigabyte doesn't have their 650i board up on their website yet. :?
February 16, 2007 4:51:03 AM

Awesome. Im gonna go check it out :mrgreen:
February 16, 2007 5:16:47 AM

Nordic hardware is reporting the Abit board will cost around $120 dollars. I think I'd still take the MSI FI board over it anyway.....must resist.....must wait for Gigabyte.......... :wink:
February 16, 2007 6:25:58 AM

Hehe

The MSI board looks good but the gigabyte board might be AMAZING. :D 
February 16, 2007 6:53:07 AM

it would need to be if it's 50% dearer ...
& it's pretty rare these days for boards based on the same chipset to show major differences in ability.
February 16, 2007 8:16:16 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why they're quoting such a high price for the Gigabyte 650i sli board. The articles I've seen put it at $125. That should put it in the 67-70 Pound price range for you. :? I don't get it.
February 16, 2007 10:03:55 AM

yup, it's odd but as a couple of places are showing roughly the same price ... :?
$125 is more likely to translate to £80 here (we always quote consumer prices incl. tax whereas in the US it seems common to quote the before tax price).
February 18, 2007 2:53:51 AM

If Gigabyte doesn't release something (info at least!) on their
GA-N650SLI-DS4 board I'm just going to jump ship and buy the Rev 3.3 965P-DS3 hacked IDE and all. I don't want to wait another month on a build that just needs a MB! 8O
If anyone can get a 650i board right, I beleive in you Gigabyte!
February 18, 2007 8:05:01 AM

Perhaps the prices won't be in proportion when released here. That seems to happen some times...

P.S I meant amazing as in Price/performance, looks, layout, brand name :wink:
February 21, 2007 8:13:37 AM

Hey Buff, I saw you went with ABIT and their new GT board. I hope it works well for you :D 
My computer has forced me to upgrade now. I don't have another month :? LOL but Gigabyte got my money in the end with their rev 3.3 965P-DS3.
I still believe their 650i board will own the rest, but it was just too slow in coming :cry: 
February 21, 2007 10:53:01 AM

Quote:
Hey Buff, I saw you went with ABIT and their new GT board. I hope it works well for you :D 

it does :D 
Quote:
My computer has forced me to upgrade now. I don't have another month :? LOL but Gigabyte got my money in the end with their rev 3.3 965P-DS3.
I still believe their 650i board will own the rest, but it was just too slow in coming :cry: 

Well, it will be interesting to see if it does & at what cost - obviously at the prices that are currently showing in the UK it's a lot dearer than both the DS3 & the competition's 650is.
abit's 650i is due in stock this week in the UK.

Gary Key at Anandtech was due to have the Gigabyte 680i review up over a week ago but he seems to have run into some BIOS problems with that.
February 22, 2007 5:44:17 AM

I'm still here and waiting! I'm gonna check out this GT board but unless Gigabyte takes a couple of months I'm definitely going with that 650i.
February 23, 2007 6:07:50 AM

:D  Hope it comes out for you sooner than later. It should be an excellent board.
February 24, 2007 12:38:06 PM

MSI P6N Platinum now at NewEgg - $165

abit FP-IN9 now in stock in at least 1 UK etailer.
February 25, 2007 1:48:34 AM

Well that's a lame price point. If you had a choice would you take a P5B-deluxe at $180 and that at $165 what would you take?

Still waiting on the gigabyte boards...
February 25, 2007 3:15:47 AM

If Gigabyte started making some black PCB's I'd probably get one of those, but for me I'll probably get the MSI or Abit offering. Abit only cuz it's red :) .

I think no matter what Nvidia based Mobo you get it'll be pretty darn good. Some people look at things like 140FPS on one board and say it totally kills some other board that only puts out 138FPS, honestly it just doesn't make any real world difference. I'd say stick with the brand you know and like, but do your research first. Also remember how many noobs are out there saying a certain board sucks cause they are too dumb to figure things out without their parents holding their hand.

In other words pick the board that you like. Remember in 6 months to a year it'll be old anyway. Just think new x16 slots are being made, DDR3 is just around the corner, M$ is still making money giving us unfinished products and forcing many of us to upgrade unwillingly, and AMD-ATI is being the ball.

I'm dreaming for a better collaboration between Intel and Nvidia. Like SLI support on the 975X boards without hacked drivers. Dream on I know.

My guess is that sometime in the late future there will be some kind of technology backlash where things are moving too fast for consumers. They will get so upset that what they bought today is junk and not even compatible tomorrow, that they just stop buying anything all together.

Alright I'm done with my little rant, now you can pick it apart and cuz me out and call me an idiot. Or just ignor me, I see how it is. sigh.
!