get gateway mac address

March 29, 2005 6:53:55 PM

I have a c# app that uses an arp batch to get the routers mac address
- I want to port it over to pocket pc so I can run in on my PDA, but
cannot find the ppc equivalent of arp, or is there another way to get
the gateway mac ??

Thanks in anticipation

Richbb

More about : gateway mac address

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:46:21 AM

Rich,

My answer assumes that you the PocketPC is obtaining a DHCP address on the
gateway/router/Access Point. On Belkin and Linksys routers, if you go to
the DHCP address pool in the router, it should list for you the MAC address
of the unit (as well as your other PCs). As you know, once you have the MAC
once, you are good. It never changes.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"richbbrown" <richbbrown@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have a c# app that uses an arp batch to get the routers mac address
> - I want to port it over to pocket pc so I can run in on my PDA, but
> cannot find the ppc equivalent of arp, or is there another way to get
> the gateway mac ??
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Richbb
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 5:48:03 PM

Clinton,

Thanks for the response.

I don't think I explained - I looking to get the MAC address from the
code in the application.

I currently use an arp batch filerun from the c# app, but cannot get
this to run in ppc - even with pocket dos.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Richard

!