Q: product key

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 17, 2005 5:41:04 PM

Hello,
I have my Windows 2000 CD but do not have product key. I need to re-format
and install windows 2000 again, will I need product key, if yes, is there any
way I can check my product key from my computer or CD?
Thanks,

More about : product key

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:15:13 AM

JIM.H. <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have my Windows 2000 CD but do not have product key. I need to re-format
> and install windows 2000 again, will I need product key, if yes, is there any
> way I can check my product key from my computer or CD?

Yes, you'll need that number. Keyfinder will display it for you.

Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 5:05:36 PM

In news:%235AQUx7cFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Gary Smith <bitbucket@example.com> typed:
> JIM.H. <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have my Windows 2000 CD but do not have product key. I need to
>> re-format and install windows 2000 again, will I need product key,
>> if yes, is there any way I can check my product key from my computer
>> or CD?
>
> Yes, you'll need that number. Keyfinder will display it for you.
>
> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

Also note - www.belarc.com has a free download - Advisor - which will
generate an HTML report containing this and a lot more. Extremely handy when
you don't feel confident that plug & pray is going to correctly detect your
hardware, and you don't feel like opening up the chassis to inspect your
video card for clues. WinXP is a lot better than W2k in that regard, but
it's still nice to have the Belarc report. Just my $.02
June 19, 2005 11:59:36 PM

If you go into the VB/VB.NET newsgroups then you'll see people adding
attachment.

There is no website for this because I created this especially for the user,
as I am talented enough to do so, unlike the majority of MVP's who just
provide links because they can use a search engine & nothing else.

You will never stop me or anyone else posting applications (as attachments)
so, stop wasting your breath

What is an Enchange MVP doing in a Windows 2000 General newsgroup anyway?
Did you get a little lost?

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:40:53 AM

In news:udXzsEQdFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Crouchie1998 <crouchie1998@spamcop.net> typed:
> If you go into the VB/VB.NET newsgroups then you'll see people adding
> attachment.

Normally in usenet, if the word "binary" doesn't appear in the name of the
group, attachments are not welcome. As stated, nobody should blindly
download and run executable files from
newsgroup posts ...regardless of the graciousness with which the same were
attached.

> There is no website for this because I created this especially for
> the user, as I am talented enough to do so, unlike the majority of
> MVP's who just provide links because they can use a search engine &
> nothing else.

Ted Kaczynski is a very talented fellow too, but I wouldn't open any mail he
sent me.

> You will never stop me or anyone else posting applications (as
> attachments) so, stop wasting your breath

Tsk, tsk. Manners! I was exceedingly polite to you in my reply. I see no
reason why you shouldn't be the same.

> What is an Enchange MVP doing in a Windows 2000 General newsgroup
> anyway? Did you get a little lost?

Nope. I have many interests. But it's awfully sweet of you to ask. Pax. :-)

!