Reformatting hard drive

How can I remove windows 2000 prof. and reformat the hard drive without
installing an o/s?

I've removed Windows 2000, but everytime I choose to format the partition it
loads Windows again and I don't know how to get to DOS after I've removed
Windows.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:07:03 -0700, "efg20"
<efg20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How can I remove windows 2000 prof. and reformat the hard drive without
>installing an o/s?
>
>I've removed Windows 2000, but everytime I choose to format the partition it
>loads Windows again and I don't know how to get to DOS after I've removed
>Windows.

What kind of boot disk are you using?

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

To wipe the drive, some ways include; boot a win98 startup disk, run fdisk
and delete all partition information found (as long as NTFS is primary). Or
boot the Windows XP CD-Rom and when you get to the point, delete the
existing NTFS and or other partitions found, then abort the install. Or use
a utility named delpart.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/reskit/nt31/i386/reskit.exe

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"efg20" wrote:
| How can I remove windows 2000 prof. and reformat the hard drive without
| installing an o/s?
|
| I've removed Windows 2000, but everytime I choose to format the partition
it
| loads Windows again and I don't know how to get to DOS after I've removed
| Windows.

Windows 2000 Professional