Reformatting hard drive

How can I remove windows 2000 prof. and reformat the hard drive without
installing an o/s?

I've removed Windows 2000, but everytime I choose to format the partition it
loads Windows again and I don't know how to get to DOS after I've removed
Windows.
3 answers Last reply
More about reformatting hard drive

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:07:03 -0700, "efg20"
    <efg20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How can I remove windows 2000 prof. and reformat the hard drive without
    >installing an o/s?
    >
    >I've removed Windows 2000, but everytime I choose to format the partition it
    >loads Windows again and I don't know how to get to DOS after I've removed
    >Windows.

    What kind of boot disk are you using?

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    To wipe the drive, some ways include; boot a win98 startup disk, run fdisk
    and delete all partition information found (as long as NTFS is primary). Or
    boot the Windows XP CD-Rom and when you get to the point, delete the
    existing NTFS and or other partitions found, then abort the install. Or use
    a utility named delpart.

    ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/reskit/nt31/i386/reskit.exe

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "efg20" wrote:
    | How can I remove windows 2000 prof. and reformat the hard drive without
    | installing an o/s?
    |
    | I've removed Windows 2000, but everytime I choose to format the partition
    it
    | loads Windows again and I don't know how to get to DOS after I've removed
    | Windows.

    Windows 2000 Professional

    "John Thomas Smith" wrote:

    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:07:03 -0700, "efg20"
    > <efg20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >How can I remove windows 2000 prof. and reformat the hard drive without
    > >installing an o/s?
    > >
    > >I've removed Windows 2000, but everytime I choose to format the partition it
    > >loads Windows again and I don't know how to get to DOS after I've removed
    > >Windows.
    >
    > What kind of boot disk are you using?
    >

    > John Thomas Smith
    > http://www.direct2usales.com