Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Looks like a really nice system. Not cheap though. I'm assuming the PSU is a name brand but they don't spec it. To your point, Buy now to get the XP. That way if you have problems with the Vista you can go back to XP untill the Vista service packs come out. Also make sure you get the original CD/DVD for the OS and software. Go for it.

greyhound81

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
One thing i forgot to ask is Overclocking- am i going 2 be able to overclock this machine without new cooling,

on a side note is the stock fan for the 8800gtx and c2d quad loud? thats a quite important as i will sometimes need to leave the system running over night

Stealth_JAG

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I would wait unitl March. Normally, I agree with most people there is always something better around the corner and you should just buy your computer when you are ready and have the money. However, I think we are in a kind of unique period of PC development where a lot of things are coming together at once. We will get VISTA in January (which is the first major rewrite of the OS in a long time), we will get the ATI R600 video card around the same time frame, and Intel processors are supposed to drop in price next quarter. I would wait to see how the ATI DX10 cards do on Vista and then make my mind up after that. By that time, prices on all cards and processors will fall and you will have a better idea of what performs better on the VISTA operating system. After March, I don't see anything too exciting happening - just incremental changes and updates. Thats just my 2 cents.

Rob