ISO: most comfortable headset/mic combo please help!

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Well first I bought a 25$ cyber acoustics headset/mic and it had the small speakers and foam and bothered my ears big time after just a lil use. ( my head isnt big or anythin shrug ) So I then bought the Altec Lansing gaming headphone that looked comfortable at best buy for 70$ ( WRONG ) it was better but after 30 min or so I find myself trying to move it off my ears etc cause its annoying... not as bad as first but still very bothersome to game with. Ive seen some comments about the barracuda and couple others but my main concern isnt sound quality at all anymore but just comfortability ha. please any suggestions would be great and price doenst matter I'd pay 500$ for my ears not to hurt like this. lol, Thanks

DeathWalking

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
The Bose headset is sexy, but if you are in the market for a nice headset, check out Sennheiser. They make cheap ones that are decent, and expensive (~$85) that are top of the line. If you're in the market for expensive again, get their PC165, my best friend owns one, his voice is crystal clear on Ventrilo, and he raves about comfortable they are, and how good the sound is.

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
kewl they sound like a good brand I was looking at the pc165 but the whole usb/built in sound card sounds kinda wierd it just override your normal soundcard? I was also looking at the barracuda hp-1... but leaning towards sennheiser brand. thnx guys keep the comments coming! 8)

DeathWalking

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Essentially, to explain the whole USB thing, its a small cable that you can attach to the regular 3.5mm jacks. Completely optional, I assume you'd only use it if you were on a laptop, or something with crappy integrated sound.

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
well after reading hundreds of reviews between the pc165 and the barracuda hp-1... I ordered the barracuda... read too many that said the pc165's do kinda rub/smash your ears and can be bothersome with glasses so I was lil weary.. didn't find any that said the barracuda was uncomfortable, so hopefully itll be fine.. if not Ill order the pc165 lol. Thanks guys

Fulmar

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
I used to 'rock' the headset+mic combos back a few years ago but was disappointed with either poor speaker quality or mic quality (either sounded bad or the flex arm would wear out eventually). So I instead, for my competitive gaming (which alas has come to a conclusion) I bought some Sennheiser + a mic stand. I enjoyed not having the boom in my mouth and the Sennheiser's were comfy.

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
just got my razor hp-1's they are sweeeeet... they are more comfortable than I imagined and the speakers don't touch/push on your ears at all yet the sound is great. very impressed may upgrade my soundcard and get theirs sometime. thnx all

Monstrousm

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
If you have time to visit your local Future Shop, Best Buy, or whatever you have near you it'll be worth trying a few pairs of headphones. Everyone has a different opinion and a different set of ears. It should prove to be worth your time, and might save you some money.

Good Luck!