How to disconnect/release a shared folder

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 20, 2005 12:14:34 AM

Dear all,

I got a shared folder ABC. And ABC allowed only one user to
connect to it. User will connect to ABC use the command "net use t:
\\server\ABC". And user will disconnect use the command "net use t:
/delete" . Now the problem is when user A connect to ABC and then
disconnect from ABC, other user still cannot connect to it. ( That
means the connection is not cleared). I need to reboot the machine of
user A in order to let other user to connect to the shared folder. How
can I cleared the connection immediately and completely without
reboot the user A machine?

Thanks.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:21:19 AM

Dear all,

The problem is: I set the user limit to one user only for the
shared folder ABC. Now when user A mapped the network drive to the
shared folder and then use "net use /delete" to disconnect the shared
folder, then user B cannot map a network drive to ABC because the
shared folder still like
have a connection to it. The message is for user B is that:
"cannot connect to the computer because the maximum connection limit is
reached.". It look like when User A delete the mapped network drive,
the connection to the shared folder still exist for many minutes, or
the user need to reboot the machine, then the connection will be really
cleared. So
I want to know the method to ensure the disconnection completely to the
shared folder .

Please help.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:06:09 AM

Dear Pegasus,

Which Audodisconnect value should I changed? In server or in
workstation? And what is the function and meaning of the value of
Autodisconnect? When I changed it, will the connection be cleared
immediately when I use the net use /delete command?
Any other method to cleared the connection immediately but not to wait
for
so many minutes.

Thanks.

Pegasus (MVP) 寫道:
> The obvious answer is to allow more than one user
> to connect to this share.
>
> If you don't like to do this then you could play with the
> parameters found here:
> HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
> In particular, the AutoDisconnect value looks promising.
>

> "hon123456" <peterhon321@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> >
> > The problem is: I set the user limit to one user only for the
> > shared folder ABC. Now when user A mapped the network drive to the
> > shared folder and then use "net use /delete" to disconnect the shared
> > folder, then user B cannot map a network drive to ABC because the
> > shared folder still like
> > have a connection to it. The message is for user B is that:
> > "cannot connect to the computer because the maximum connection limit is
> > reached.". It look like when User A delete the mapped network drive,
> > the connection to the shared folder still exist for many minutes, or
> > the user need to reboot the machine, then the connection will be really
> > cleared. So
> > I want to know the method to ensure the disconnection completely to the
> > shared folder .
> >
> > Please help.

June 20, 2005 5:42:57 PM

> Dear all,
>
> I got a shared folder ABC. And ABC allowed only one user to
> connect to it. User will connect to ABC use the command "net use t:
> \\server\ABC". And user will disconnect use the command "net use t:
> /delete" . Now the problem is when user A connect to ABC and then
> disconnect from ABC, other user still cannot connect to it. ( That
> means the connection is not cleared). I need to reboot the machine of
> user A in order to let other user to connect to the shared folder. How
> can I cleared the connection immediately and completely without
> reboot the user A machine?
>
> Thanks.

Many users can connect to the same share simultaneously.
If you can't then I suggest you quote verbatim the message
you see so that we know what's really going on.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 7:11:24 PM

The obvious answer is to allow more than one user
to connect to this share.

If you don't like to do this then you could play with the
parameters found here:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
In particular, the AutoDisconnect value looks promising.

"hon123456" <peterhon321@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> The problem is: I set the user limit to one user only for the
> shared folder ABC. Now when user A mapped the network drive to the
> shared folder and then use "net use /delete" to disconnect the shared
> folder, then user B cannot map a network drive to ABC because the
> shared folder still like
> have a connection to it. The message is for user B is that:
> "cannot connect to the computer because the maximum connection limit is
> reached.". It look like when User A delete the mapped network drive,
> the connection to the shared folder still exist for many minutes, or
> the user need to reboot the machine, then the connection will be really
> cleared. So
> I want to know the method to ensure the disconnection completely to the
> shared folder .
>
> Please help.

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 11:16:50 PM

I'm afraid you'll have to work it out by trial and error!

!