iPAQ and network access ...

March 30, 2005 12:35:20 PM

I have a iPAQ with bluetooth but without
network card. I would like to connect to
my wotk network and internet though my
notebook having bluetooth. So i set up a
connection sharing on my notebook and
configured Network Access by bluetooth
and it work's fine with other bluetooth notebok
and i thing this sonfiguration is ok.

The problem is when i'm trying to conect
with my iPAQ. It recognizes my notebook and
doscovers network access service and connects
to it but after connection actually succeeded it starts
to connect with bluetooth null modem and that
connect is making until my death. It doesn't freeze
but connect and connects and connects ... without success.

So:
1) What is this bluetooth null modem?
2) Why Pocket PC seems to always assuming
that to internet connects only a modem? Did
they miss a raise of wiereless media?
3) How to set it up?

More about : ipaq network access

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:40:14 AM

You say "it work's fine with other bluetooth notebook". So you actually got
this working before?

Check our Bluetooth Guides (link below).

The connection via "modem" is normal - your Pocket PC probalby found the
laptop is running the LAP profile, which is seems as a "modem" connection -
albeit wireless.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store

!