Failed to CoGetClassObject for provider "CIMWin32". Error ..

I have a windows 2000 server that keeps sending the following alerts to the
app event log:
Event ID: 20
Event Source: WinMgmt
0x80070008 was returned.

Does anyone have any clues? I have checked the WinMgmt log but haver been
unable to locate anything useful.
1 answer Last reply
More about failed cogetclassobject provider cimwin32 error

    Ashi,

    have a look at the following

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=20&eventno=1012&source=WinMgmt&phase=1

    it does point you to the following kb article also Q241518

    HTH
    Simon Whale

    "Ashi" <Ashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a windows 2000 server that keeps sending the following alerts to the
    > app event log:
    > Event ID: 20
    > Event Source: WinMgmt
    > code
    > 0x80070008 was returned.
    >
    > Does anyone have any clues? I have checked the WinMgmt log but haver been
    > unable to locate anything useful.

Windows 2000 Windows