Sign in with
Your question

Belkin Mini BlueTooth Adapter

Last response: in Windows 7
June 27, 2011 11:16:26 PM

I would like to have Bluetooth operational on Win7 64bit, I bought this Belkin adapter , "mini bluetooth adapter" , after installing the software , I cannot get any bluetooth devices recognized , and one time explorer crashed .

Any Ideas on what I can do to get all working ?
a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2011 11:31:21 PM

turn on discovery on your bluetooth device

if you are trying to connect a phone to your pc, most of them require proper drivers in order for advanced features to work, if you don't have those drivers explorer is likely to crash
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2011 1:53:07 PM

is there a manual with your headphones? did it come with any type of software?

generally, once your blue tooth adapter is active and there are devices present that it can recognize you should be able to see them in my computer or some other bluetooth console (depends on the software installed with bluetooth card)
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
June 28, 2011 1:56:49 PM

Did you pair them?
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
June 28, 2011 1:59:27 PM

Find the Bluetooth set-up option on your phone. This is usually located in the "Settings" or "Options" area of your phone. Then find the setting that allows Bluetooth devices to find your phone. Enable this setting.

Put your Bluetooth headpiece in "Discovery" mode. You can do this by pressing the blue "Connect" button twice, until the light starts blinking. This is a standard method. some bluetooth-enabled headsets, like Jawbones and Jabras have a different method of connecting. Refer to your owner's manual

Watch your phone's display. A message will pop-up saying that a Bluetooth-enabled device has been found, and it will ask if you want to allow communication with the device. Accept it to continue.

Test your connection. Have a friend call you and make sure that you can hear their voice, and he can hear yours. Bluetooth headsets vary in quality, so some interference or echo can be expected. However, if you experience extreme disruption or cannot hear or speak, then you may want to re-sync your device.
m
l
!