Transfering Exchange Data.

My 2000 sbs server has become corrupt and I have given up hope of
repairing it. What I do have is a ghost(ed) HDD from a few weeks ago.
My question is, can I copy files from the corrupt install(all data
files appear to be ok) to the old ghost HDD to recover all emails on
the exchange server.

If not I'm screwed. Unless somebody knows a way to rebuild the exchange
server with what I have got.

Thanks

copy all the edb and stm files + all the transaction logs (*.log) +
checkpoint file (chk) in the same directory on the old ghost image.

I haven't tried this yet ... but could work.

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

<rcheese5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My 2000 sbs server has become corrupt and I have given up hope of
> repairing it. What I do have is a ghost(ed) HDD from a few weeks ago.
> My question is, can I copy files from the corrupt install(all data
> files appear to be ok) to the old ghost HDD to recover all emails on
> the exchange server.
>
> If not I'm screwed. Unless somebody knows a way to rebuild the exchange
> server with what I have got.
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS