Connecting Sony camcorder

I have just inherited a Sony camcorder bought in 2004. The computer which I
want to use to transfer the video too is running windows 2000 with the latest
SP's. Rather than edit the footage from the video I used the "burn CD option"
from the camera. This went through the process of transferring however I have
ended up with nothing on the CD. I have also noticed that the computer is not
recognising the connected hardware as a removeable disk.

I know when I purchased the machine with O/S 2000 I tried to put the Sony
software for the mini-disk on only to find it was not supported with the then
service pack. Could this be the problem or is there a simple answer.
4 answers Last reply
More about connecting sony camcorder

    Perhaps you should visit Sony site, and look for updated drivers/software, I
    find it odd that a 2004 Sony cam.software is incompatible with win2k
    If the Sony is not recognised by win, its allmost certainly a sony
    drivers/software prob.

    "two stone" <two_stone(donotspam)@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have just inherited a Sony camcorder bought in 2004. The computer which
    > want to use to transfer the video too is running windows 2000 with the
    latest
    > SP's. Rather than edit the footage from the video I used the "burn CD
    option"
    > from the camera. This went through the process of transferring however I
    have
    > ended up with nothing on the CD. I have also noticed that the computer is
    not
    > recognising the connected hardware as a removeable disk.
    >
    > I know when I purchased the machine with O/S 2000 I tried to put the Sony
    > software for the mini-disk on only to find it was not supported with the
    then
    > service pack. Could this be the problem or is there a simple answer.

    Perhaps you did not finalize the CD. Perhaps you did not install the
    driver software for the camera. Perhaps the CD drive in the computer is
    not compatible with "mini-disks". As DL suggests, SONY tech support
    would be the best place to start looking for assistance with that camera
    and drivers.

    two stone wrote:

    > I have just inherited a Sony camcorder bought in 2004. The computer which I
    > want to use to transfer the video too is running windows 2000 with the latest
    > SP's. Rather than edit the footage from the video I used the "burn CD option"
    > from the camera. This went through the process of transferring however I have
    > ended up with nothing on the CD. I have also noticed that the computer is not
    > recognising the connected hardware as a removeable disk.
    >
    > I know when I purchased the machine with O/S 2000 I tried to put the Sony
    > software for the mini-disk on only to find it was not supported with the then
    > service pack. Could this be the problem or is there a simple answer.

    The CD with the software seemed to load ok, could the problem be down to the
    digital signature, when the USB cable is connected to the camera and switched
    on the attached hardware is recognised and goes through the process of
    locating drivers, however it stalls in finding a digital signature for the
    said hardware. Searching microsoft does not yeild any clues. I have reloaded
    the drivers from the Sony site but still no success.

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > Perhaps you did not finalize the CD. Perhaps you did not install the
    > driver software for the camera. Perhaps the CD drive in the computer is
    > not compatible with "mini-disks". As DL suggests, SONY tech support
    > would be the best place to start looking for assistance with that camera
    > and drivers.
    >
    > two stone wrote:
    >
    > > I have just inherited a Sony camcorder bought in 2004. The computer which I
    > > want to use to transfer the video too is running windows 2000 with the latest
    > > SP's. Rather than edit the footage from the video I used the "burn CD option"
    > > from the camera. This went through the process of transferring however I have
    > > ended up with nothing on the CD. I have also noticed that the computer is not
    > > recognising the connected hardware as a removeable disk.
    > >
    > > I know when I purchased the machine with O/S 2000 I tried to put the Sony
    > > software for the mini-disk on only to find it was not supported with the then
    > > service pack. Could this be the problem or is there a simple answer.

    The digital sig warning should not cause a prob. it is simply a 'warning'
    msg
    Did you install software/drivers as specified by Sony install procedure?
    Is it possible that a running background app is causing a conflict, either
    during install or when attempting to use?

    > The CD with the software seemed to load ok, could the problem be down to
    the
    > digital signature, when the USB cable is connected to the camera and
    switched
    > on the attached hardware is recognised and goes through the process of
    > locating drivers, however it stalls in finding a digital signature for the
    > said hardware. Searching microsoft does not yeild any clues. I have
    reloaded
    > the drivers from the Sony site but still no success.
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >
    > > Perhaps you did not finalize the CD. Perhaps you did not install the
    > > driver software for the camera. Perhaps the CD drive in the computer is
    > > not compatible with "mini-disks". As DL suggests, SONY tech support
    > > would be the best place to start looking for assistance with that camera
    > > and drivers.
    > >
    > > two stone wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have just inherited a Sony camcorder bought in 2004. The computer
    which I
    > > > want to use to transfer the video too is running windows 2000 with the
    latest
    > > > SP's. Rather than edit the footage from the video I used the "burn CD
    option"
    > > > from the camera. This went through the process of transferring however
    I have
    > > > ended up with nothing on the CD. I have also noticed that the computer
    is not
    > > > recognising the connected hardware as a removeable disk.
    > > >
    > > > I know when I purchased the machine with O/S 2000 I tried to put the
    Sony
    > > > software for the mini-disk on only to find it was not supported with
    the then
    > > > service pack. Could this be the problem or is there a simple answer.

Sony Camcorders Windows