User accounts

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 22, 2005 3:57:25 AM

What are these default user accounts: ASPNET and Guest? How can I remove
them if not really necessary? In addition, can someone advise me why the
password of user account will expire and where to configure the options.

Thanks,

Ray

More about : user accounts

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:57:26 AM

These user accounts are installed by windows you do need the ASPNET one but
if you wish you may remove the guest account by going into user manager, as
for the passwords if you are running on a company network then most company's
will set there server to make the user's change there password every 30 days
if this is the case then there is nothing you can do about it if this is not
the case and you are running local users then you can go into user manager on
your computer and find the user and tick never change password.

Hope this is of help

Tim

"Ray" wrote:

> What are these default user accounts: ASPNET and Guest? How can I remove
> them if not really necessary? In addition, can someone advise me why the
> password of user account will expire and where to configure the options.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:57:26 AM

You may remove the guest account but do not remove the ASPNET as this is an
account that the computer uses.

"Ray" wrote:

> What are these default user accounts: ASPNET and Guest? How can I remove
> them if not really necessary? In addition, can someone advise me why the
> password of user account will expire and where to configure the options.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

June 23, 2005 12:09:53 AM

Tim,

Many thanks for your useful information.

What is ASPNET account? I never heard it.

Ray

!