Backup

How do I backup and restore files in XP? Win98 has
Backup/Restore under Accessories/System files but I can't
find it anywhere in XP.
Thanks for your help,
Walter
4 answers Last reply
More about backup

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:41:04 -0800, "Walter"
    >How do I backup and restore files in XP? Win98 has
    >Backup/Restore under Accessories/System files but I can't
    >find it anywhere in XP.

    go here and enter xp backup
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    Thanks again,
    Walter

    Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

    HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Walter wrote:
    > How do I backup and restore files in XP? Win98 has
    > Backup/Restore under Accessories/System files but I can't
    > find it anywhere in XP.

    I can. Start -> Accessories -> System -> Backup. You sure it's not there?

    Alternatively, have you tried opening "My computer", right clicking a
    drive -> Properties -> Tools, and then pressed "Backup"?

Backup Microsoft Windows XP