Backup

January 24, 2005 11:41:04 AM

How do I backup and restore files in XP? Win98 has
Backup/Restore under Accessories/System files but I can't
find it anywhere in XP.
Thanks for your help,
Walter

More about : backup

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 11:51:06 AM

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:41:04 -0800, "Walter"
>How do I backup and restore files in XP? Win98 has
>Backup/Restore under Accessories/System files but I can't
>find it anywhere in XP.

go here and enter xp backup
http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&Vie...

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
January 24, 2005 12:26:22 PM

st=b&View=en-us

>John Thomas Smith
>http://www.direct2usales.com
>http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
>.
>Thanks for the info. I needed to install it from the CD.
Thanks again,
Walter
January 24, 2005 2:31:10 PM

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup...

HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Walter" wrote:

| How do I backup and restore files in XP? Win98 has
| Backup/Restore under Accessories/System files but I can't
| find it anywhere in XP.
| Thanks for your help,
| Walter
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 8:56:11 PM

Walter wrote:
> How do I backup and restore files in XP? Win98 has
> Backup/Restore under Accessories/System files but I can't
> find it anywhere in XP.

I can. Start -> Accessories -> System -> Backup. You sure it's not there?

Alternatively, have you tried opening "My computer", right clicking a
drive -> Properties -> Tools, and then pressed "Backup"?
!