18: Internal Error on Windows Installer

hi,
this is the error "18: Internal Error on Windows Installer" i got when
trying to install Adobe acrocat reader on a 2000 machine. i downloaded the
correct adobe version for this computer. It said something about needing a
patch to run but i have installed all of the needed patches.

any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about internal error windows installer

    Teo wrote:

    > hi,
    > this is the error "18: Internal Error on Windows Installer" i got when
    > trying to install Adobe acrocat reader on a 2000 machine. i downloaded the
    > correct adobe version for this computer. It said something about needing a
    > patch to run but i have installed all of the needed patches.
    >
    > any ideas?
    I had some of this sort of thing about a year ago. Microsoft directed
    me to download and install Microsoft Windows Installer v 2. You might
    try this.

Windows Installer Adobe Microsoft Windows