XP dual installation..error: can not copy cyclic redundancy

On a PC with plenty of space A lathargic installation of Windows 2000
inspired me to install XP on a separate disk.

Preparing for installation the system first tells me to check that XP files
are being directed correctly. Then I recieve the error repeatedly that files
can not be copied because of cyclic redundancy.

What has caused this?

Sandra
2 answers Last reply
More about dual installation error copy cyclic redundancy

    This link gives a brief explanation:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/3721.asp

    "Sandra Lee" <SandraLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On a PC with plenty of space A lathargic installation of Windows 2000
    > inspired me to install XP on a separate disk.
    >
    > Preparing for installation the system first tells me to check that XP
    > files
    > are being directed correctly. Then I recieve the error repeatedly that
    > files
    > can not be copied because of cyclic redundancy.
    >
    > What has caused this?
    >
    > Sandra

    "Sandra Lee" <SandraLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On a PC with plenty of space A lathargic installation of Windows 2000
    > inspired me to install XP on a separate disk.
    >
    > Preparing for installation the system first tells me to check that XP
    > files
    > are being directed correctly. Then I recieve the error repeatedly that
    > files
    > can not be copied because of cyclic redundancy.
    >
    > What has caused this?
    >
    > Sandra

    That usually means that the files are corrupt.

Installation Error Windows XP