XP dual installation..error: can not copy cyclic redundancy

January 24, 2005 2:59:01 PM

On a PC with plenty of space A lathargic installation of Windows 2000
inspired me to install XP on a separate disk.

Preparing for installation the system first tells me to check that XP files
are being directed correctly. Then I recieve the error repeatedly that files
can not be copied because of cyclic redundancy.

What has caused this?

Sandra
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 5:08:35 PM

This link gives a brief explanation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

"Sandra Lee" <SandraLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On a PC with plenty of space A lathargic installation of Windows 2000
> inspired me to install XP on a separate disk.
>
> Preparing for installation the system first tells me to check that XP
> files
> are being directed correctly. Then I recieve the error repeatedly that
> files
> can not be copied because of cyclic redundancy.
>
> What has caused this?
>
> Sandra
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 12:07:30 AM

"Sandra Lee" <SandraLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On a PC with plenty of space A lathargic installation of Windows 2000
> inspired me to install XP on a separate disk.
>
> Preparing for installation the system first tells me to check that XP
> files
> are being directed correctly. Then I recieve the error repeatedly that
> files
> can not be copied because of cyclic redundancy.
>
> What has caused this?
>
> Sandra

That usually means that the files are corrupt.
!