Jpeg Problem

January 25, 2005 1:27:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi guys and girls,

slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
and just save as bitmaps , why

its ony seemed to start the last few days

cheers dave

More about : jpeg problem

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:27:25 AM

Dragon wrote:
> Hi guys and girls,
>
> slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
> bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
> and just save as bitmaps , why
>
> its ony seemed to start the last few days
>
> cheers dave

http://tinyurl.com/77iv
January 25, 2005 1:27:25 AM

Dragon wrote:

> Hi guys and girls,
>
> slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
> bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
> and just save as bitmaps , why
>
> its ony seemed to start the last few days
>
> cheers dave

Delete the Temporary Internet Files. Open IE, go to Tools, Internet
Options, Temporary Internet files, delete.
Related resources
January 25, 2005 5:19:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

cheers guys worked brill
dave

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi guys and girls,
>
> slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
> bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
> and just save as bitmaps , why
>
> its ony seemed to start the last few days
>
> cheers dave

January 25, 2005 5:19:55 AM

Dragon wrote:

> cheers guys worked brill
> dave
>
> "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Hi guys and girls,
>>
>>slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
>>bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
>>and just save as bitmaps , why
>>
>>its ony seemed to start the last few days
>>
>>cheers dave

Great, glad it worked for you and thanks for posting back.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:14:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Dragon,

This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

1. Start Internet Explorer
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607....

More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gDeJd.218441$Z7.10435@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi guys and girls,
>
> slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
> bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
> and just save as bitmaps , why
>
> its ony seemed to start the last few days
>
> cheers dave

January 25, 2005 2:01:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Open Windows Explorer, rt-click on your C: (or whatever your main drive is),
Properties, Disk Cleanup.
This will remove almost all of the junk you've amassed from your Temporary
Internet files.

--

johnf

!