Jpeg Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi guys and girls,

slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
and just save as bitmaps , why

its ony seemed to start the last few days

cheers dave
6 answers Last reply
More about jpeg problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Dragon wrote:
    > Hi guys and girls,
    >
    > slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
    > bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
    > and just save as bitmaps , why
    >
    > its ony seemed to start the last few days
    >
    > cheers dave

    http://tinyurl.com/77iv
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Dragon wrote:

    > Hi guys and girls,
    >
    > slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
    > bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
    > and just save as bitmaps , why
    >
    > its ony seemed to start the last few days
    >
    > cheers dave

    Delete the Temporary Internet Files. Open IE, go to Tools, Internet
    Options, Temporary Internet files, delete.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    cheers guys worked brill
    dave

    "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi guys and girls,
    >
    > slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
    > bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
    > and just save as bitmaps , why
    >
    > its ony seemed to start the last few days
    >
    > cheers dave

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Dragon wrote:

    > cheers guys worked brill
    > dave
    >
    > "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi guys and girls,
    >>
    >>slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
    >>bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
    >>and just save as bitmaps , why
    >>
    >>its ony seemed to start the last few days
    >>
    >>cheers dave

    Great, glad it worked for you and thanks for posting back.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Dragon,

    This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the General tab.
    4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx

    Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

    More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gDeJd.218441$Z7.10435@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > Hi guys and girls,
    >
    > slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving as
    > bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as untitled
    > and just save as bitmaps , why
    >
    > its ony seemed to start the last few days
    >
    > cheers dave

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Open Windows Explorer, rt-click on your C: (or whatever your main drive is),
    Properties, Disk Cleanup.
    This will remove almost all of the junk you've amassed from your Temporary
    Internet files.

    --

    johnf

    > Hi guys and girls,
    >
    > slight problem now when I am saving a pic from the net they keep saving
    > as bitmaps and not give me any other choice, and they are listed as
    > untitled and just save as bitmaps , why
    >
    > its ony seemed to start the last few days
    >
    > cheers dave

Support Microsoft Windows XP