P5B Deluxe EX Flash BIOS tool

the_politician

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I am trying to Flash my BIOS to the newest version to prepare for some overclocking I will be doing when I get my new RAM in this week. I got the new version downloaded and I have it all set up on a flash drive (it is fully detected by BIOS and windows), but when I try to flash my BIOS using the EZ Flash tool that comes with the mobo, the system locks up.

No matter which way I enter the tool (Alt+F2 or via the BIOS menu), I always get the same result. I have done this before. I flashed it right when I got the system in early October, and there were no issues. Now it just locks up before I get a chance to choose the path that the new BIOS version is located in.

Any suggestions?

The BIOS hangs like that when it tries to read an NTFS partition on my system (which it can't read, by the way). The EZ Flash can only read FAT32. Make sure your flash drive is formatted FAT32. If it is already formatted FAT32, post back and we'll try something else.

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
The BIOS hangs like that when it tries to read an NTFS partition on my system (which it can't read, by the way). The EZ Flash can only read FAT32. Make sure your flash drive is formatted FAT32. If it is already formatted FAT32, post back and we'll try something else.
This should be the cause.

You can also use the Asus Update program. If all fails. I do recommend updating the bios in dos.