How do I wipe clean my hard disk and reinstall Windows 2000?

I would like to wipe clean my hard disk and reinstall my Windows 2000 and
everything on top of it. How do I wipe clean my hard disk and do a Windows
2000 reinstall. The Windows 2000 on it now works but is very slow. I assume
registry contamination as I already have virus software, ad aware, spybot,
etc., etc. I have saved all important data, such as emails, photos, and
letters onto CDs. I'm ready to start fresh but need directions.
My brother gave me a Product Recovery CD for an IBM Thinkpad 600 X 2645.
Mine is a Thinkpad 600 X. 512m of memory. Would this CD help me in any way?

As you may have guessed I am not a pro at this.
--
Please view my website. www.billcrow.net

Billion003 wrote:
> I would like to wipe clean my hard disk and reinstall my Windows 2000 and
> everything on top of it. How do I wipe clean my hard disk and do a Windows
> 2000 reinstall. The Windows 2000 on it now works but is very slow. I assume
> registry contamination as I already have virus software, ad aware, spybot,
> etc., etc. I have saved all important data, such as emails, photos, and
> letters onto CDs. I'm ready to start fresh but need directions.
> My brother gave me a Product Recovery CD for an IBM Thinkpad 600 X 2645.
> Mine is a Thinkpad 600 X. 512m of memory. Would this CD help me in any way?
>

> As you may have guessed I am not a pro at this.

Simply boot from the Win2K installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
prompts.

Be sure to apply these to your new install before connecting to any network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]