Start up Failure

I have Windows 2000 and Windows Anti Spy (Beta). Yesterday windows just
started hanging during startup. It gets to the screen where the window is
open and a bar is filling up on the bottom and it gets half way and stops. It
never opens windows.

Does anyone have an idea of what is the problem and how can I fix it?

Try disconnecting all USB and/or firewire devices - these can occasionally cause a boot to get stuck. If that fixes it, connect them
back one at a time until you find the problem device.

Otherwise you may have a more serious hardware problem; press F8 and see if you can boot into safe mode. The event log may point you
to something.

Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
Ergodic Systems, Inc.