Athlon x2 4400 toledo or Opteron 175

enzoone

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2007
Can anyone tell me the difference of these two processors. I have an 939 mother board and would like to get one of these two processors. It looks to me that they are the same processors.
Thanks

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Can anyone tell me the difference of these two processors. I have an 939 mother board and would like to get one of these two processors. It looks to me that they are the same processors.
Thanks
For all intents and purposes, they are the same processor. The Opteron is most likely built with higher quality silicone/higher testing standards for utmost reliability/stability(for servers). If the Opteron is a similar price...get it, but if it's a lot more...the 4400+ would be the better choice..unless you are looking for maximum overclocking. You can probably squeeze an extra ~200MHz out of the Opteron with proper cooling. GL :)

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Thanks
For all intents and purposes, they are the same processor. The Opteron is most likely built with higher quality silicone/higher testing standards for utmost reliability/stability(for servers). If the Opteron is a similar price...get it, but if it's a lot more...the 4400+ would be the better choice..unless you are looking for maximum overclocking. You can probably squeeze an extra ~200MHz out of the Opteron with proper cooling. GL :)
BTW, any idea about the X2 4200+ Manchester?! Can I safely bring it to 2.4GHz os stock cooler and voltage (sorry but I can't change these options on my system)?

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
I would go with the opty higher quality standard. Either one will be fine but the Opteron will generally be a better overclocker. I don't know what the 4400+ stock heatsink looks like but if it's anything like the regular athlon 64 heatsink then the Opteron has a better heatsink as well.