  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
September 5, 2005 12:36:46 PM

Is there free software to take image from a DV camcorder (connected via
1394) and upload it to some web site at a fixed interval?

Or a free webcam server that serves streaming video out of my DSL, although
I don't know if this is possible since I use DHCP and have no fixed IP
address. How would I find my own IP?

Basically, I want to monitor one area of my house when I'm traveling to
other cities.

More about : free webcam software

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:59:13 PM

"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there free software to take image from a DV camcorder (connected via
> 1394) and upload it to some web site at a fixed interval?
>
> Or a free webcam server that serves streaming video out of my DSL,
> although I don't know if this is possible since I use DHCP and have no
> fixed IP address. How would I find my own IP?
>
> Basically, I want to monitor one area of my house when I'm traveling to
> other cities.

With the free Windows Media Encoder, you can do streaming video from your
IEEE 1394 to your DSL.
With dyndns (www.dyndns.org) you can do your IP stuff

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com

"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ysTSe.12667$IT4.1462@trnddc04...
> Is there free software to take image from a DV camcorder (connected via
> 1394) and upload it to some web site at a fixed interval?
>
> Or a free webcam server that serves streaming video out of my DSL, although
> I don't know if this is possible since I use DHCP and have no fixed IP
> address. How would I find my own IP?

Consider HomeSentinel. It will find your IP address automatically,
even through a router. It's free for 30 days, $29.95 to purchase.
For more info and to download it: http://bobday.vze.com

-- Bob Day
Related resources
September 6, 2005 9:45:33 AM

"Noël®" <n03l@_no_place_like_home_hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D fh8dv$f2$1@news.cistron.nl...

> With the free Windows Media Encoder, you can do streaming video from your
> IEEE 1394 to your DSL.
> With dyndns (www.dyndns.org) you can do your IP stuff
>
> Noël

Thanks. I was able to get WME to stream video (with ocassional timeout error
requiring reboot).
Now I have to experiment with the dyndns stuff, then security...
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 1:12:24 PM

> "Noël®" <n03l@_no_place_like_home_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D fh8dv$f2$1@news.cistron.nl...
>>

>> With the free Windows Media Encoder, you can do streaming video from your
>> IEEE 1394 to your DSL.
>> With dyndns (www.dyndns.org) you can do your IP stuff
>>
>> Noël
>
> Thanks. I was able to get WME to stream video (with ocassional timeout
> error requiring reboot).
> Now I have to experiment with the dyndns stuff, then security...

WME does take a lot of CPU power when you encode in a high bit rate.
Lowering this will also lower the CPU power, and make your system more
stable.

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com

I have used the trackercam software for my cctv installation company and I would recommend it for ease of use.
!