Printer in Active Directory, but no one can use it

I have a W2K server environment and have 7 locations that all tie back to the
main office. In one of my locations, we have a number of desktops and some
have printers that I would like to be shared amongst everyone in the office.

I have one of the PC's, logged into the network, with the printer attached
via parallel port and that pc can print to it fine. I then set the
properties of the printer to share and give it a share name and it is listed
in Active Directory, but when someone else in the office tries to connect to
it, they get a message that they cannot attach to the printer. The pc
connected to the printer is running XP SP2.

Can anyone out there give me a direction on what to look for?

Thanks,

Jeff Shanker
1 answer Last reply
More about printer active directory

    Check the permissions on the printer.

    Ed

    In article <FEE010F3-1433-4365-A5BD-52202348FFCD@microsoft.com>,
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBTaGFua2Vy?= <JeffShanker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >I have a W2K server environment and have 7 locations that all tie back to the
    >main office. In one of my locations, we have a number of desktops and some
    >have printers that I would like to be shared amongst everyone in the office.
    >
    >I have one of the PC's, logged into the network, with the printer attached
    >via parallel port and that pc can print to it fine. I then set the
    >properties of the printer to share and give it a share name and it is listed
    >in Active Directory, but when someone else in the office tries to connect to
    >it, they get a message that they cannot attach to the printer. The pc
    >connected to the printer is running XP SP2.
    >
    >Can anyone out there give me a direction on what to look for?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Jeff Shanker

Printers Office Active Directory Windows