Printer in Active Directory, but no one can use it

I have a W2K server environment and have 7 locations that all tie back to the
main office. In one of my locations, we have a number of desktops and some
have printers that I would like to be shared amongst everyone in the office.

I have one of the PC's, logged into the network, with the printer attached
via parallel port and that pc can print to it fine. I then set the
properties of the printer to share and give it a share name and it is listed
in Active Directory, but when someone else in the office tries to connect to
it, they get a message that they cannot attach to the printer. The pc
connected to the printer is running XP SP2.

Can anyone out there give me a direction on what to look for?

Thanks,

Jeff Shanker

Check the permissions on the printer.

Ed

In article <FEE010F3-1433-4365-A5BD-52202348FFCD@microsoft.com>,
=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBTaGFua2Vy?= <JeffShanker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have a W2K server environment and have 7 locations that all tie back to the
>main office. In one of my locations, we have a number of desktops and some
>have printers that I would like to be shared amongst everyone in the office.
>
>I have one of the PC's, logged into the network, with the printer attached
>via parallel port and that pc can print to it fine. I then set the
>properties of the printer to share and give it a share name and it is listed
>in Active Directory, but when someone else in the office tries to connect to
>it, they get a message that they cannot attach to the printer. The pc
>connected to the printer is running XP SP2.
>
>Can anyone out there give me a direction on what to look for?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff Shanker

TRENDING THREADS