file rename/delete

Arbiter

Distinguished
May 16, 2005

This is simple but for the life of me cannot figure out why when I try to
rename or delete certain files on my pc, it gives me the error message "There
has been a sharing violation. The source or destination file may be in use."

There are no shared setting on any files or folders on my system, no files
are in use, I can find no way to remove them, my system is free from all
bugs. Anyone have any ideas?

"=?Utf-8?B?QXJiaXRlcg==?=" <Arbiter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> This is simple but for the life of me cannot figure out why when I try
> to rename or delete certain files on my pc,

Probably because these are files used by the system or applications that
are loaded.

Arbiter

Distinguished
May 16, 2005

No actually they're various files and folder that I've created on the second
drive d: no less. If it was as simple as system folders and files I wouldn't
have posted to begin with.

"Dodo2u" wrote:
Probably because these are files used by the system or applications that
are loaded.

You could download Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com and use its
search facility with the name of one of the files in question. That will
show you which process has a handle on the file.

Andrew