DLT1 does not appears in Removable Storage

I have a Windows 2000 server, I need to make backups on a DLT1 Drive. The
DLT1 drive does not appear in Removable Storage. What should I do?

The DLT drive appears in the Device Managers and says that is working
properly.

How can I add the DLT1 Drive to the Removable Storage.

any ideas?
--
Thanks
Troper

    In news:A151FFA7-69CF-4651-B476-87692D5AB147@microsoft.com,
    Troper <Troper@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    > I have a Windows 2000 server, I need to make backups on a DLT1 Drive.
    > The DLT1 drive does not appear in Removable Storage. What should I do?
    >
    > The DLT drive appears in the Device Managers and says that is working
    > properly.
    >
    > How can I add the DLT1 Drive to the Removable Storage.
    >
    > any ideas?

    If you remove the tape drive from Device Manager, and reboot, does it show
    up again?
    I've only ever seen this happen when there is an actual problem with the
    tape drive or driver or SCSI chain or something...

Windows 2000 Storage Windows