Black Screen after changing pixels

Recently I reinstalled windows 2000 on my laptop. After changing the screen
resolution in the settings I received a black screen and was not able to
restore back the previous setting. I believe I set the resolution beyond the
capability of the monitor. The problem now is I can not log back on to fix
the problem as my screen is black and there is virtually no way for me to see
what I'm typing or clicking. I tried to start the computer in Safe mode but
the screen remains black.

Any suggestions??
2 answers Last reply
More about black screen changing pixels

    'Safe mode' and 'Safe mode with Networking' load the Vga.sys driver instead
    of the normal driver. 'Enable VGA Mode' starts Windows in 640 X 480 mode
    using the current video driver (not Vga.sys). This mode is useful for cases
    in which the display was configured at a setting the monitor cannot display.
    Failing this you might try connecting an external monitor and or check the
    cmos setup.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Zik" wrote:
    | Recently I reinstalled windows 2000 on my laptop. After changing the
    screen
    | resolution in the settings I received a black screen and was not able to
    | restore back the previous setting. I believe I set the resolution beyond
    the
    | capability of the monitor. The problem now is I can not log back on to fix
    | the problem as my screen is black and there is virtually no way for me to
    see
    | what I'm typing or clicking. I tried to start the computer in Safe mode
    but
    | the screen remains black.
    |
    | Any suggestions??

    It does sound like the graphics driver to me. Update it at the first chance
    you have

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Windows 2000 Resolution Windows