Automatic Service Startup Prioritization or Delay Options

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

On several occasions I have installed servers with a multitude of third-party
services that are started at boot time. These systems have enough resources
to accommodate the services in question, but frequently I will run into a
situation where there is so much going on at startup, it may affect one or
more services from starting in a timely fashion. These situations can cause
a domino effect, preventing several additional automatic services from
starting normally.

Other than using dependencies, is there any way to delay or change the order
in which automatic services start? I would prefer to use a native OS
function to resolve this situation, but I am also interested in third-party
options which may provide more control.

Natively dependencies and groups are all there is.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]