Logitech Webcam Questions

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 6, 2005 12:01:52 AM

Do the following webcams have the same sensor
chips & lenses?
1. Logitech Pro-4000
2. Logitech Quickcam For Notebooks Pro

Also what is the "lux" of the above two cams?

Thank You
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 12:17:12 PM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:01:52 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net> wrote:

>Do the following webcams have the same sensor
>chips & lenses?
>1. Logitech Pro-4000
>2. Logitech Quickcam For Notebooks Pro

No they doesn't.
September 6, 2005 10:04:02 PM

David D. wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:01:52 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>Do the following webcams have the same sensor
>>chips & lenses?
>>1. Logitech Pro-4000
>>2. Logitech Quickcam For Notebooks Pro
>

> No they doesn't.

Not sure about the lenses, but I would think so as they both use a
1.3Megapixel CCD sensor, and this would indicate that they would both be
sensitive down to the same lux level, but what that is, Logitech don't
say. See these pages:

Quickcam Pro 4000:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...

Quickcam for notebooks Pro:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...
September 6, 2005 10:04:03 PM

My impression is that the notebook pro is a pro-4000 for a laptop. I also
wonder if one cam is sharper than the other? From the reports i read they
stated that the pro-4000 has a glass lens...i don't know about the notebook
pro.

"kim" <relique_50@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> David D. wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:01:52 GMT, "puns" <puns@verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Do the following webcams have the same sensor
>>>chips & lenses?
>>>1. Logitech Pro-4000
>>>2. Logitech Quickcam For Notebooks Pro
>>

>> No they doesn't.
>>

> Not sure about the lenses, but I would think so as they both use a
> 1.3Megapixel CCD sensor, and this would indicate that they would both be
> sensitive down to the same lux level, but what that is, Logitech don't
> say. See these pages:
>
> Quickcam Pro 4000:
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...
>
> Quickcam for notebooks Pro:
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...
September 6, 2005 11:55:35 PM

puns wrote:
> My impression is that the notebook pro is a pro-4000 for a laptop. I also
> wonder if one cam is sharper than the other? From the reports i read they
> stated that the pro-4000 has a glass lens...i don't know about the notebook
> pro.
>
> "kim" <relique_50@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>David D. wrote:

>>>No they doesn't.
>>>

>>Not sure about the lenses, but I would think so as they both use a
>>1.3Megapixel CCD sensor, and this would indicate that they would both be
>>sensitive down to the same lux level, but what that is, Logitech don't
>>say. See these pages:
>>
>>Quickcam Pro 4000:
>>http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...
>>
>>Quickcam for notebooks Pro:
>>http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...

You are right in the the Notebook Pro is for laptops, but that is only
because the conventional design is a bit unwieldly for a laptop so the
circuitry was redesigned to fit in case suitable for laptops. All in all
it appears to be a Quickcam Pro redesigned. If you have ever pulled
apart a webcam, you will find that there is bugger all in them..in fact
you wonder why they cost so much! As for the glass lens, well I don't
know. My suggestion would be to go to a shop and see if you can get a
demo of both cams and see if there is any noticable difference between
the two. I would think that if there was any it really wouldn't be
noticable once the image had been compressed into jpg format and
uploaded to the web, or transmitted over Video conferencing
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:16:48 PM

I have Quickcam 4000, Notebook Pro, & the Orbit.
all have almost identical low light and pic quality ... orbit is slightly
diff but think that its just the plastic shield smothing out the speckles in
near darkness. Lux rating dunno - Brightens the darkness actually. Looks
like all room lights are on by just the tv and monitor supplying lumens.

> puns wrote:
>> My impression is that the notebook pro is a pro-4000 for a laptop. I
>> also wonder if one cam is sharper than the other? From the reports i
>> read they stated that the pro-4000 has a glass lens...i don't know about
>> the notebook pro.
>>
>> "kim" <relique_50@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

>>>Not sure about the lenses, but I would think so as they both use a
>>>1.3Megapixel CCD sensor, and this would indicate that they would both be
>>>sensitive down to the same lux level, but what that is, Logitech don't
>>>say. See these pages:
>>>
>>>Quickcam Pro 4000:
>>>http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...
>>>
>>>Quickcam for notebooks Pro:
>>>http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/E...
>>

> You are right in the the Notebook Pro is for laptops, but that is only
> because the conventional design is a bit unwieldly for a laptop so the
> circuitry was redesigned to fit in case suitable for laptops. All in all
> it appears to be a Quickcam Pro redesigned. If you have ever pulled apart
> a webcam, you will find that there is bugger all in them..in fact you
> wonder why they cost so much! As for the glass lens, well I don't know. My
> suggestion would be to go to a shop and see if you can get a demo of both
> cams and see if there is any noticable difference between the two. I would
> think that if there was any it really wouldn't be noticable once the image
> had been compressed into jpg format and uploaded to the web, or
> transmitted over Video conferencing
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:29:21 PM

"bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
>I have Quickcam 4000, Notebook Pro, & the Orbit.
> all have almost identical low light and pic quality ... orbit is slightly
> diff but think that its just the plastic shield smothing out the speckles
> in near darkness. Lux rating dunno - Brightens the darkness actually.
> Looks like all room lights are on by just the tv and monitor supplying
> lumens.

Here's a couple of pics on my patio.
4000 left > Orbit
Notebook pro would be same as 4000
Taken maybe 2am no exterior lighting except one single 9 watt fluorescent
security light, twin tube bulb in a fluted rectangular gen.purpose refractor
hump thing... under the house eve.
http://members.fortunecity.com/bumtracks
December 20, 2008 9:18:47 PM

I just received a Xmas present for my computer. It is a Logitech Quick Cam Pro PC Video Camera for my desk top computer. But my computer has XP on it and on the instructions for the camera it says compatible for Windows 95 or 98. Is there anyway if I hook it up to my computer you can download the program for Windows XP to make the PC Video Camera work on my computer?

Could you either call me at 602-682-5434 or email me at dt.0111@cox.net? I would appreciate a reply asap.

Thank you for all your help and time in the above matter.

Sincerely,
D. Tacey

May 3, 2009 8:15:43 PM

I am having a problem with my Logitech and I
DO NOT KNW WHAT TO DO. i call my Brother in
Germany every day on the camera and all of a
sudden my picture disappeared from the corner
of the screen-so he could not see me. He was
very upset. A stnadstill picture of an ocean is in the lower left corner instead of my
picturel Can you please tell me how to get my
picture back down in the corner where it
belongs. I would more than apprecieat it.
THANK-YOU
p_cody@verizon.net
!