Picture Viewer

Hi, I am running Windows 2000 Professional, And i'm not quite sure if it was
after i installed SP3 or MS Works 2004 that something installed called
Microsoft Picture viewer or image editor or something, and then i uninstalled
MS Works 2004 to make way for Microsoft Office 2003, and the picture viewer
is gone now, and now i have aload of other image viewers installed which i
cant figure out how to get rid of or which is which, So i removed Office 2003
and put MSWorks 2004 back on, and it still doesnt have the picture viewer, I
can't find it on google or the MS Download center, and It's becoming
incredibly annoying, as It will no longer show thumbnails, just an icon of
the program it opens with, Any help would be greatly appreciated
2 answers Last reply
More about picture viewer

    In news:91A8271C-7262-4951-9B2C-2271FDCFC569@microsoft.com,
    Shadow <Shadow@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Hi, I am running Windows 2000 Professional, And i'm not quite sure if
    > it was after i installed SP3 or MS Works 2004 that something
    > installed called Microsoft Picture viewer or image editor or
    > something, and then i uninstalled MS Works 2004 to make way for
    > Microsoft Office 2003, and the picture viewer is gone now, and now i
    > have aload of other image viewers installed which i cant figure out
    > how to get rid of or which is which, So i removed Office 2003 and put
    > MSWorks 2004 back on, and it still doesnt have the picture viewer, I
    > can't find it on google or the MS Download center, and It's becoming
    > incredibly annoying, as It will no longer show thumbnails, just an
    > icon of the program it opens with, Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated

    I'm not on a 2k system right at the moment but if you open Windows Explorer,
    click on tools, options, and then file types you can edit the application
    images open with. With 2k I think, though I'm only 90% sure, it's Windows
    Picture and Fax viewer that should be what you want. With 2k it might have
    the restore option under the change option. If not you'll want to select it
    manually. For showing thumbnails the view options for the folder must be set
    of course.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    The trouble here is what is "It" wherein you say, "It will no longer show
    thumbnails." In Windows Explorer you set the View to thumbnails in a folder
    that contains supported image types such as gif and jpg. Other than that I
    cannot fathom what "It" is.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "Shadow" <Shadow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am running Windows 2000 Professional, And i'm not quite sure if it
    was
    > after i installed SP3 or MS Works 2004 that something installed called
    > Microsoft Picture viewer or image editor or something, and then i
    uninstalled
    > MS Works 2004 to make way for Microsoft Office 2003, and the picture
    viewer
    > is gone now, and now i have aload of other image viewers installed which i
    > cant figure out how to get rid of or which is which, So i removed Office
    2003
    > and put MSWorks 2004 back on, and it still doesnt have the picture viewer,
    > can't find it on google or the MS Download center, and It's becoming
    > incredibly annoying, as It will no longer show thumbnails, just an icon of
    > the program it opens with, Any help would be greatly appreciated

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows