Picture Viewer

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 26, 2005 1:09:02 AM

Hi, I am running Windows 2000 Professional, And i'm not quite sure if it was
after i installed SP3 or MS Works 2004 that something installed called
Microsoft Picture viewer or image editor or something, and then i uninstalled
MS Works 2004 to make way for Microsoft Office 2003, and the picture viewer
is gone now, and now i have aload of other image viewers installed which i
cant figure out how to get rid of or which is which, So i removed Office 2003
and put MSWorks 2004 back on, and it still doesnt have the picture viewer, I
can't find it on google or the MS Download center, and It's becoming
incredibly annoying, as It will no longer show thumbnails, just an icon of
the program it opens with, Any help would be greatly appreciated

More about : picture viewer

June 26, 2005 12:12:34 PM

In news:91A8271C-7262-4951-9B2C-2271FDCFC569@microsoft.com,
Shadow <Shadow@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi, I am running Windows 2000 Professional, And i'm not quite sure if
> it was after i installed SP3 or MS Works 2004 that something
> installed called Microsoft Picture viewer or image editor or
> something, and then i uninstalled MS Works 2004 to make way for
> Microsoft Office 2003, and the picture viewer is gone now, and now i
> have aload of other image viewers installed which i cant figure out
> how to get rid of or which is which, So i removed Office 2003 and put
> MSWorks 2004 back on, and it still doesnt have the picture viewer, I
> can't find it on google or the MS Download center, and It's becoming
> incredibly annoying, as It will no longer show thumbnails, just an
> icon of the program it opens with, Any help would be greatly
> appreciated

I'm not on a 2k system right at the moment but if you open Windows Explorer,
click on tools, options, and then file types you can edit the application
images open with. With 2k I think, though I'm only 90% sure, it's Windows
Picture and Fax viewer that should be what you want. With 2k it might have
the restore option under the change option. If not you'll want to select it
manually. For showing thumbnails the view options for the folder must be set
of course.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 4:26:09 PM

The trouble here is what is "It" wherein you say, "It will no longer show
thumbnails." In Windows Explorer you set the View to thumbnails in a folder
that contains supported image types such as gif and jpg. Other than that I
cannot fathom what "It" is.

--
George Hester
!