Sign in with
Your question

How To: Tips for Fixing XP File and Printer sharing

Last response: in Toms Network
June 30, 2006 2:33:20 PM

Users of WinXP and Win2000 frequently can connect to the Internet, but have problems getting File and Printer sharing to work properly.

Did this article help? What other tips to you have to share?
June 30, 2006 4:09:27 PM

Posting for a reader:
Quote:
Hi, I read your article on fixing file sharing because mine wasn't working in Windows XP. It turns out the problem was really simple and I just had to turn off "Simple File Sharing" in the folder options. Your article didn't seem to mention this fact, so I thought I'd point it out in case other people have the same problem that I did.
October 21, 2006 7:08:44 AM

My wife has a G3 imac with wireless connection to my PC giving her an internet connection. How do I set up file/printer sharing with the imac? Thanks.
November 17, 2006 4:04:09 PM

I have been working on my network for about five months and was getting used to the idea that I would never get file sharing working between the two computers and only use my network for sharing my dsl. But NOW after finally finding this post and article I have the files shared. THANK YOU OH SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! I ran through the first 3 to 4 pages and had everything setup correctly and then tyed in the ip address for the computer that I could see but could not access. I could see the other from it and file share with that one but not vice versa, just see it. It now works great and I only had to type the address in once and it just stays in ny network places. Thank You again. :D 
!