Internet Connectivity?

Hi All,
I have come up against a very strange scenario with one of my clients.
Last week they reported that their mail had stopped and some of them
couldn't access the internet.
On investigation, it seems that only the server can no longer talk to the
outside world. It is running Win2000 SP4 - I thought it might have been
something to do with some updates that were loaded on the same day, so I
went through Add/Remove progs and deleted them all. Still to no avail, I can
see the firewall from the server, but not the ADSL Router.
I can see the Router from any of the clients and can get onto the internet
from any of the clients, as long as they have an alternative external DNS
address in the IP settings.
I also thought it might be M/S Anti Spyware blocking connection, so I've
removed that as well - still no good.

The server just can't see past the firewall - anyone with any ideas as to
what to try next - I also can't connect remotely via VPN either - error
800 - this worked fine up until this problem.
As far as I can see, nothing else has changed - really baffling !!

Any/All help very much appreciated
TIA
Mark

hi Mark
please more details about how you configue server to access to net
ICS , NAT service , proxy or what

"Mark Griffiths" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have come up against a very strange scenario with one of my clients.
> Last week they reported that their mail had stopped and some of them
> couldn't access the internet.
> On investigation, it seems that only the server can no longer talk to the
> outside world. It is running Win2000 SP4 - I thought it might have been
> something to do with some updates that were loaded on the same day, so I
> went through Add/Remove progs and deleted them all. Still to no avail, I can
> see the firewall from the server, but not the ADSL Router.
> I can see the Router from any of the clients and can get onto the internet
> from any of the clients, as long as they have an alternative external DNS
> address in the IP settings.
> I also thought it might be M/S Anti Spyware blocking connection, so I've
> removed that as well - still no good.
>
> The server just can't see past the firewall - anyone with any ideas as to
> what to try next - I also can't connect remotely via VPN either - error
> 800 - this worked fine up until this problem.
> As far as I can see, nothing else has changed - really baffling !!
>
> Any/All help very much appreciated
> TIA
> Mark

Hi Mahmoud,
Thanks for the reply, but finally figured it out - either the network card
or TCP/IP had screwed up, so I uninstalled the NIC and re-installed it -
everything works fine now.

Thanks again
Mark

"mahmoud salim" <mahmoudsalim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi Mark
> please more details about how you configue server to access to net
> ICS , NAT service , proxy or what
>

> "Mark Griffiths" wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I have come up against a very strange scenario with one of my clients.
>> Last week they reported that their mail had stopped and some of them
>> couldn't access the internet.
>> On investigation, it seems that only the server can no longer talk to the
>> outside world. It is running Win2000 SP4 - I thought it might have been
>> something to do with some updates that were loaded on the same day, so I
>> went through Add/Remove progs and deleted them all. Still to no avail, I
>> can
>> see the firewall from the server, but not the ADSL Router.
>> I can see the Router from any of the clients and can get onto the
>> internet
>> from any of the clients, as long as they have an alternative external DNS
>> address in the IP settings.
>> I also thought it might be M/S Anti Spyware blocking connection, so I've
>> removed that as well - still no good.
>>
>> The server just can't see past the firewall - anyone with any ideas as to
>> what to try next - I also can't connect remotely via VPN either - error
>> 800 - this worked fine up until this problem.
>> As far as I can see, nothing else has changed - really baffling !!
>>
>> Any/All help very much appreciated
>> TIA
>> Mark

TRENDING THREADS