Procedure for setting up a locally attached printer

I have a W2K domain controller and 2 W2K Citrix servers and I am having
trouble getting a printer that is attached to a computer to made accessible
to be used by more than one person in the location where it is at.

The computer that this printer is attached to is connected to the network
and I opened up the properties of the printer and changed the printer over to
be shared, gave it a name and left the box for "List in the directory"
checked. I go over to one of the other systems that want to use this printer
and do "Add Printer", select Find in the Directory and it shows the printer
and I double click on it and after a little while the system comes back and
tells me that it cannot connect to that printer. I go back over to the
system where the printer is at and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

I check the permissions and there doesn't seem to have anything out of
order, but I can't get anyone to connect to the printer. I guess I am trying
to find out what is the proper procedure for setting up a locally attached
printer to be available to anyone in the domain.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I had a similar problem the other week - try this to see if it sorts you
out.

I'm assuming that the machines are running XP?

Go into Admin Tools and then into Local Security Policy

Expand Local Policy and highlight User Rights Assignment

Make sure that the top option "Access this Computer from the Network" has
Everyone in the security setting - if not like mine, add it.

That sorted me out - hope it's the same thing for you.

Regards
Mark