Schedulted task and batch files

I have a batch file that we use with RAR commands in it. The batch file
works when run stand alone. I have scheduled the task to run in Scheduler
but it is not running. I have it set to run each day at the same time but we
are not getting any results.

How do I fix this problem and what do I need to set to make this work.

Thanks
--
FL Consultant

hi
please you must ensure about user account and password that have appropriate
permission to can run this path file
try to change the user account to administrator account
good luck ,please tell us what happen

"FL Consultant" wrote:

> I have a batch file that we use with RAR commands in it. The batch file
> works when run stand alone. I have scheduled the task to run in Scheduler
> but it is not running. I have it set to run each day at the same time but we
> are not getting any results.
>
> How do I fix this problem and what do I need to set to make this work.
>
> Thanks
> --
> FL Consultant

Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. If the job
connects to another machine you may need to add the user/ group 'logon as
batch job' rights (server side). Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security
Policy\Local Policies\User Rights Assignments
"Log on as a batch job"

Remember that if it involves network resources to make sure the user account
has permissions to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives
won't exist when no one is logged on.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"FL Consultant" wrote:
|I have a batch file that we use with RAR commands in it. The batch file
| works when run stand alone. I have scheduled the task to run in Scheduler
| but it is not running. I have it set to run each day at the same time but
we
| are not getting any results.
|
| How do I fix this problem and what do I need to set to make this work.
|
| Thanks
| --
| FL Consultant

I am logined as the Administator on the server at the server.

I will look at the other suggestions that you had Dave.

Thanks

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. If the job
> connects to another machine you may need to add the user/ group 'logon as
> batch job' rights (server side). Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security
> Policy\Local Policies\User Rights Assignments
> "Log on as a batch job"
>
> Remember that if it involves network resources to make sure the user account
> has permissions to the resources and also use UNC paths as mapped drives
> won't exist when no one is logged on.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "FL Consultant" wrote:
> |I have a batch file that we use with RAR commands in it. The batch file
> | works when run stand alone. I have scheduled the task to run in Scheduler
> | but it is not running. I have it set to run each day at the same time but
> we
> | are not getting any results.
> |
> | How do I fix this problem and what do I need to set to make this work.
> |
> | Thanks
> | --
> | FL Consultant

The account *you're* logged on with has nothing to do with it. You're
welcome.

--

"FL Consultant" wrote:
|I am logined as the Administator on the server at the server.
|
| I will look at the other suggestions that you had Dave.
|
| Thanks

Dave,
I am still having trouble getting my batch file to run on the server to make
a automated back up.

Here is my batch file:
@echo off

rar u -o+ -r -rr -v600000k -x"F:\software\*.*" x"F:\ServerBackups\*.*"
"C:\ServerBackups\ServerBackup.rar" "F:\*.*"

(The last statement is on one line)

If I run this by clicking on the batch file is works fine.

I am using the scheduler on the server to run this. I looked at the log
file and it shows that the task is started but it does not show a completion.

The batch file resides on in C:\ServerBackups subdirectory.

I checked the rights and it has admin rights.

What other information can I provide you?

Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

--
FL Consultant