Win 2000 Pro lsass.exe error and shutdown

abc

hi expert,

my pc have an error of lsass.exe and automatically count down and
shutdown in 60 sec ....... i have scanned for virus but it is clear. every
time when i start the computer, it count down and restart and count down and
restart...... very troublesome....... so what can i do to fix this problem ?
please advise me how to do this......

thx

regards,

Zaca

Hi,

This is the sasser worm, please see:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_125007.htm
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_SASSER.A

To stop the shutdown, click start/run, type "shutdown -a" (without the
quotes) and click ok.

Details on the patch needed to prevent it:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-011.mspx

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/