Deleting unwanted programs/files

I'm trying to delete some files that belong to the Oracle programs I
downloaded, but he uninstaller did not get rid of it all and I'm getting
errors that I do not have access to delete a particular file. How do I get
rid of it?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about deleting unwanted programs files

    Reinstall Oracle again and then try completely uninstalling it from
    add/remove programs in control panel.

    --
    HTH
    Meena

    Meena wrote:
    > Reinstall Oracle again and then try completely uninstalling it from
    > add/remove programs in control panel.
    >
    > --
    > HTH
    > Meena
    > "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm trying to delete some files that belong to the Oracle programs I
    >>downloaded, but he uninstaller did not get rid of it all and I'm getting
    >>errors that I do not have access to delete a particular file. How do I
    >
    > get
    >
    >>rid of it?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    Or, you can try booting to Safe Mode and deleting the folders there.

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

    How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and
    folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

    "null" <null@planetzero.com> wrote in message
    > Meena wrote:
    > > Reinstall Oracle again and then try completely uninstalling it from
    > > add/remove programs in control panel.
    > >
    > > --
    > > HTH
    > > Meena
    > > "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I'm trying to delete some files that belong to the Oracle programs I
    > >>downloaded, but he uninstaller did not get rid of it all and I'm getting
    > >>errors that I do not have access to delete a particular file. How do I
    > >
    > > get
    > >
    > >>rid of it?
    > >>
    > >>Thanks
    > >

    > Or, you can try booting to Safe Mode and deleting the folders there.
    >
    > --
    > The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
    > data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
    > PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
    > liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
    > posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    > of this message.

Oracle Microsoft Windows XP