Deleting unwanted programs/files

January 25, 2005 8:33:01 AM

I'm trying to delete some files that belong to the Oracle programs I
downloaded, but he uninstaller did not get rid of it all and I'm getting
errors that I do not have access to delete a particular file. How do I get
rid of it?

Thanks
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:19:34 PM

Reinstall Oracle again and then try completely uninstalling it from
add/remove programs in control panel.

--
HTH
Meena
"Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F8E103F-EA04-4A45-9319-9A7CC9C4D682@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to delete some files that belong to the Oracle programs I
> downloaded, but he uninstaller did not get rid of it all and I'm getting
> errors that I do not have access to delete a particular file. How do I
get
> rid of it?
>
> Thanks
January 25, 2005 10:19:35 PM

Meena wrote:
> Reinstall Oracle again and then try completely uninstalling it from
> add/remove programs in control panel.
>
> --
> HTH
> Meena
> "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D F8E103F-EA04-4A45-9319-9A7CC9C4D682@microsoft.com...
>
>>I'm trying to delete some files that belong to the Oracle programs I
>>downloaded, but he uninstaller did not get rid of it all and I'm getting
>>errors that I do not have access to delete a particular file. How do I
>
> get
>
>>rid of it?
>>
>>Thanks

Or, you can try booting to Safe Mode and deleting the folders there.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:19:36 PM

How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and
folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

news:o tNbmXuAFHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

!