Roaming Profiles Too Large

My roaming profiles are averaging about 70-100MB. I need themto be in the
3-6MB range. I have scoured MS website for solutions and have implemented
the following:

My Documents Folder redirection to server

Cookies, Temp, Temp Internet not roaming

I do not wish to limit the size of these profiles, because that isn't
solving the problem of my 70MB profiles

Not related to Outlook because we have Exchange.

I would also like to know if there is a way to redirect the DESKTOP Folder
of the roaming profile to not be part of the equation. This way I don't have
to keep telling users not to save to the Desktop.

Thank You,

Greg
1 answer Last reply
More about roaming profiles large

    Using group policies you can either (1) take the desktop folder out of the roaming equation completely (a-la temp), or (2) you can
    use the user...windows...folder policy to remap the desktop folder to a server share using the 'basic' setting with "create a folder
    for each user under this path..."

    The latter is for 2003 Server - it may be different under 2000 Server and you might need to use %username% in the path string to
    accomplish the same thing.

    Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
    Ergodic Systems, Inc.

    "Gregory" <Gregory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F59B06D6-8F96-4679-9806-7FA7A0F45928@microsoft.com...
    > My roaming profiles are averaging about 70-100MB. I need themto be in the
    > 3-6MB range. I have scoured MS website for solutions and have implemented
    > the following:
    >
    > My Documents Folder redirection to server
    >
    > Cookies, Temp, Temp Internet not roaming
    >
    > I do not wish to limit the size of these profiles, because that isn't
    > solving the problem of my 70MB profiles
    >
    > Not related to Outlook because we have Exchange.
    >

    > I would also like to know if there is a way to redirect the DESKTOP Folder
    > of the roaming profile to not be part of the equation. This way I don't have
    > to keep telling users not to save to the Desktop.
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > Greg

Roaming Profiles Windows