Why cant my computer read the photo canon memory card? windows 7

samadam62

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I have a Canon PowerShot SX210IS & a HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one. The memory card from the camera is not recognized by the printer nor does it show on the "Device Menu" of My Computer (Windows 7). Have no trouble with any of my other SD cards from any other cameras (I have another Canon as well). I can download from the camera with a USB but not directly from the card. ???????????????????????????????

Solution
Hi there,

That's what I'd say!!!

As you have done a good job in troubleshooting it, my guess is there is a problem with the card, or possibly formatting the card. In the Canon onboard menu, there is a choice to reset or reformatt the SD card.

Of course USB off all you keepable photos onto your Win-7 first, then with the camera see if you can reformat the card. Might also see if when connected by USB, if you can save a photo from your computer to the card.

Other than that, it's not worth keeping a flaky menory unit.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

That's what I'd say!!!

As you have done a good job in troubleshooting it, my guess is there is a problem with the card, or possibly formatting the card. In the Canon onboard menu, there is a choice to reset or reformatt the SD card.

Of course USB off all you keepable photos onto your Win-7 first, then with the camera see if you can reformat the card. Might also see if when connected by USB, if you can save a photo from your computer to the card.

Other than that, it's not worth keeping a flaky menory unit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS