Driver problem: The style of the INF is diffrent than what..

Hi

I just built a new PC. I put in an ISDN card (Jensen Easy ISDN). This was
previously used in two other PCs also under Windows 2000 without any
problems.

In the new PC Windows can not install the driver. The original error message
I got was

An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
The style of the INF is diffrent than what was expected.

which after several attemts to change the driver changed to

An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
There is no driver selected for the device-information set or element

It is the same Windows 2000 installation CD that has been used as on the two
previous PCs and also the same drivers for the ISDN card - though I also
thried to download newer drivers from the manufacturer, but I still got the
same error messages.

On the new PC I first installed Windows 2000, then ASUS's various chip
drivers, then Windows 2000 SP4, and then finally tried to install the
drivers for the ISDN card. It is possible that on previous PCs the ISDN
drivers were installed before SP4 (or whatever SP was available at the time)

Any solutions? I can find others who have had simmilar problems via a Google
search, but no solutions :-(

Kjeld Olesen
Denmark
3 answers Last reply
More about driver problem style diffrent what

    Well, for search purposes the error message should read:

    An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    The style of the INF is different than what was expected.

    "Kjeld Olesen [2000]" <kol.nospam@crc.nospam.dk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I just built a new PC. I put in an ISDN card (Jensen Easy ISDN). This was
    > previously used in two other PCs also under Windows 2000 without any
    > problems.
    >
    > In the new PC Windows can not install the driver. The original error
    message
    > I got was
    >
    > An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    > The style of the INF is diffrent than what was expected.
    >
    > which after several attemts to change the driver changed to
    >
    > An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    > There is no driver selected for the device-information set or element
    >
    > It is the same Windows 2000 installation CD that has been used as on the
    two
    > previous PCs and also the same drivers for the ISDN card - though I also
    > thried to download newer drivers from the manufacturer, but I still got
    the
    > same error messages.
    >
    > On the new PC I first installed Windows 2000, then ASUS's various chip
    > drivers, then Windows 2000 SP4, and then finally tried to install the
    > drivers for the ISDN card. It is possible that on previous PCs the ISDN
    > drivers were installed before SP4 (or whatever SP was available at the
    time)

    > Any solutions? I can find others who have had simmilar problems via a
    Google
    > search, but no solutions :-(
    >

    > Kjeld Olesen
    > Denmark

    Sorry - it should have read:

    The style of the INF is different than what was requested

    Kjeld

    > Well, for search purposes the error message should read:
    >
    > An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    > The style of the INF is different than what was expected.
    >

    > "Kjeld Olesen [2000]" <kol.nospam@crc.nospam.dk> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I just built a new PC. I put in an ISDN card (Jensen Easy ISDN). This
    was
    > > previously used in two other PCs also under Windows 2000 without any
    > > problems.
    > >
    > > In the new PC Windows can not install the driver. The original error
    > message
    > > I got was
    > >
    > > An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    > > The style of the INF is diffrent than what was expected.
    > >
    > > which after several attemts to change the driver changed to
    > >
    > > An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    > > There is no driver selected for the device-information set or
    element

    > > It is the same Windows 2000 installation CD that has been used as on the
    > two
    > > previous PCs and also the same drivers for the ISDN card - though I also
    > > thried to download newer drivers from the manufacturer, but I still got
    > the
    > > same error messages.
    > >
    > > On the new PC I first installed Windows 2000, then ASUS's various chip
    > > drivers, then Windows 2000 SP4, and then finally tried to install the
    > > drivers for the ISDN card. It is possible that on previous PCs the ISDN
    > > drivers were installed before SP4 (or whatever SP was available at the
    > time)
    > >
    > > Any solutions? I can find others who have had simmilar problems via a
    > Google
    > > search, but no solutions :-(
    > >

    > > Kjeld Olesen
    > > Denmark

    Removed the card, did a clean reinstall without the card in place, installed
    VIA chip drivers, inserted the card, and this time Windows accepted the
    drivers. Finally installed SP4.

    Kjeld

    "Kjeld Olesen [2000]" <kol.nospam@crc.nospam.dk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I just built a new PC. I put in an ISDN card (Jensen Easy ISDN). This was
    > previously used in two other PCs also under Windows 2000 without any
    > problems.
    >
    > In the new PC Windows can not install the driver. The original error
    message
    > I got was
    >
    > An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    > The style of the INF is diffrent than what was expected.
    >
    > which after several attemts to change the driver changed to
    >
    > An errror occoured during the installation of the device.
    > There is no driver selected for the device-information set or element
    >
    > It is the same Windows 2000 installation CD that has been used as on the
    two
    > previous PCs and also the same drivers for the ISDN card - though I also
    > thried to download newer drivers from the manufacturer, but I still got
    the
    > same error messages.
    >
    > On the new PC I first installed Windows 2000, then ASUS's various chip
    > drivers, then Windows 2000 SP4, and then finally tried to install the
    > drivers for the ISDN card. It is possible that on previous PCs the ISDN
    > drivers were installed before SP4 (or whatever SP was available at the
    time)

    > Any solutions? I can find others who have had simmilar problems via a
    Google
    > search, but no solutions :-(
    >

    > Kjeld Olesen
    > Denmark