Taskbar

Hello,
After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was. The
wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it does no
good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the taskbar size?
Thanks.

Bill
6 answers Last reply
More about taskbar

    Put your cursor on the top edge of the taskbar so it becomes an up-and-down
    arrow, now drag it down and release the bar.

    "Bill" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was. The
    > wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it does no
    > good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the taskbar size?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bill

    To unlock/lock the taskbar, right click on it and check/uncheck " lock the
    task bar ".

    "Bill" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was. The
    > wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it does no
    > good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the taskbar size?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bill

    You can also go to Start>control panel>taskbar and start menu> click on
    small icons.
    AS
    "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was.
    > The wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it
    > does no good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the
    > taskbar size? Thanks.
    >
    > Bill

    I don't have a small icons choice for the taskbar (or a large icon choice).

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "AS" <a-stewart@telus.net> wrote in message news:MKBJd.25$FD5.1@clgrps12...
    > You can also go to Start>control panel>taskbar and start menu> click on
    > small icons.
    > AS
    > "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was.
    >> The wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it
    >> does no good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the
    >> taskbar size? Thanks.
    >>
    >> Bill

    I know xp is quirky and no one seems to have the same things, but it should
    be available under Start menu (as described before) > customise, in both
    either xp or classic views. You have to scroll down to find it on the
    classic version.
    AS
    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >I don't have a small icons choice for the taskbar (or a large icon choice).
    >
    > "AS" wrote in message
    >> You can also go to Start>control panel>taskbar and start menu> click on
    >> small icons.
    >> AS

    "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>> After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was.
    >>> The wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it
    >>> does no good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the
    >>> taskbar size? Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> Bill

    It is for the Start Menu, but not for the Taskbar.

    --

    >I know xp is quirky and no one seems to have the same things, but it should
    >be available under Start menu (as described before) > customise, in both
    >either xp or classic views. You have to scroll down to find it on the
    >classic version.
    > AS
    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>I don't have a small icons choice for the taskbar (or a large icon
    >>choice).
    >>
    >> "AS" wrote in message
    >>> You can also go to Start>control panel>taskbar and start menu> click on
    >>> small icons.
    >>> AS
    >>>
    > "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP