Taskbar

January 25, 2005 11:26:25 AM

Hello,
After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was. The
wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it does no
good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the taskbar size?
Thanks.

Bill

More about : taskbar

January 25, 2005 1:59:01 PM

Put your cursor on the top edge of the taskbar so it becomes an up-and-down
arrow, now drag it down and release the bar.

"Bill" wrote:

> Hello,
> After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was. The
> wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it does no
> good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the taskbar size?
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

January 25, 2005 6:47:04 PM

To unlock/lock the taskbar, right click on it and check/uncheck " lock the
task bar ".

"Bill" wrote:

> Hello,
> After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was. The
> wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it does no
> good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the taskbar size?
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

January 26, 2005 3:45:32 AM

You can also go to Start>control panel>taskbar and start menu> click on
small icons.
AS
"Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was.
> The wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it
> does no good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the
> taskbar size? Thanks.
>
> Bill

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:40:43 AM

I don't have a small icons choice for the taskbar (or a large icon choice).

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"AS" <a-stewart@telus.net> wrote in message news:MKBJd.25$FD5.1@clgrps12...
> You can also go to Start>control panel>taskbar and start menu> click on
> small icons.
> AS
> "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was.
>> The wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it
>> does no good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the
>> taskbar size? Thanks.
>>
>> Bill
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:17:29 PM

I know xp is quirky and no one seems to have the same things, but it should
be available under Start menu (as described before) > customise, in both
either xp or classic views. You have to scroll down to find it on the
classic version.
AS
"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
>I don't have a small icons choice for the taskbar (or a large icon choice).
>
> "AS" wrote in message
>> You can also go to Start>control panel>taskbar and start menu> click on
>> small icons.
>> AS

"Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>> After deaing with some viruses, the taskbar now is larger than it was.
>>> The wording is much larger now. I tried the screen properties, but it
>>> does no good. The rest of the screen is fine. How do I adjust the
>>> taskbar size? Thanks.
>>>
>>> Bill

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:17:30 PM

It is for the Start Menu, but not for the Taskbar.

--

news:D 1SJd.44237$Qb.1172@edtnps89...

!