Changing boot pictures

Gordon

As usual, a user in our production area has changed one of the pictures when
the computer is booting. the windows 2000 logo picture comes up fine, then a
porno type picture comes up until the OS is up.

How can I change this picture, where does it reside or come from

Thanks
Gordon Cashmore

Turn OFF, Active Desktop, then change wallpaper.

gordon wrote:

> As usual, a user in our production area has changed one of the pictures when
> the computer is booting. the windows 2000 logo picture comes up fine, then a
> porno type picture comes up until the OS is up.
>
> How can I change this picture, where does it reside or come from
>
> Thanks
> Gordon Cashmore

Gordon

This is not a wallpaper issue. It happens while the computer is booting.
After boot, the wallpaper and background are fine.

I recall a few years ago that a file, like logo.sys or sys.logo or something
like that was what I need to change.

Any ideas??

From: "gordon" <gordon@discussions.microsoft.com>

| As usual, a user in our production area has changed one of the pictures when
| the computer is booting. the windows 2000 logo picture comes up fine, then a
| porno type picture comes up until the OS is up.
|
| How can I change this picture, where does it reside or come from
|
| Thanks
| Gordon Cashmore

Fire the person !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

If they have replaced the boot logo, then that is a resouce in NTOSKRNL.EXE - if you just replace that file from a CD of the same
service pack you'll be OK (you may need to do this by booting the recovery console in safe mode). This is not something that anyone
should be doing in a production environment, let alone an end-user. The suggestion here to fire such a person is not far off the
mark IMO.

Otherwise the default user's background wallpaper has been changed (this will be the screen visible before login). For that, either
find the graphic file and just delete it, or run regedt32, attach the ntuser.dat from the Default User profile, find the "wallpaper"
value in the desktop key and clear it, detach the Default User profile and you should be good.

Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
Ergodic Systems, Inc.